What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying this new one from asda. It's refreshing and has mildly tropical hoppiness
but there's something harsh about it.
Not bad for £2.20 a can
20190825_173043.jpg

After the tension of the cricket and the effort of fixing the back gate in the sun, I think I deserve another.
This has a much more pronounced tropical fruit aroma but does contain fruit juice after all. The juice isn't over done though, like in that pineapple express in the new Tesco range.
Very nice athumb..
20190825_180414.jpg

I'm just stacking the fridge...so quite a few.
It IS the best remedy for back ache known to medical science.
So pleased to hear your medical advice @Clint, bending down over a hot barbeque tonight has really troubled my back. Just as well I planned ahead and loaded the fridge this morning! athumb..

This is just what the doctor ordered after a couple of hours bbq prepping. Think it came from aldi or lidl.?? (The outlaws are visiting and brought them) Lovely and crisp and clean, stone cold from the fridge.

Attachments

• 20190826_142245.jpg
    20190826_142245.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 78
I'm no expert...but...I find it helps with temp control for specific yeast types,cold crashing,lagering if you like...a brew fridge is a worthy investment and can be done seriously on the cheap

A great DIY project...cadge or steal a fridge just have to buy a small tube heater and Inkbird..butcher fridge/add shelves as req.
You can steal a fridge off your Mrs,a relative or neighbor.

Hazy Jane clone (recipe from brewdog diydog). Expensive to make(huge hop bill) but its so close to the original. Yeast is the CML haze, recommended. The haze is definitely present after the yeast has settled out.

Attachments

• 4WwL4iC8SdG2JSoYyTnXQQ.jpg
    4WwL4iC8SdG2JSoYyTnXQQ.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 91
Hi Clint do I need a fridge to brew Kolsch
If you want to truly get the dry and crisp low aroma Kolsch then yes you will. But to be fair, to brew anything in the summer (like right now) you need some kind of temp control as any fermentation that doesn’t is ruined right now. Unless it’s a kveik, but that’s for another day.

My wife was working presenting her cooking company at a food festival today and got talking to this guys who had a stall at the same food festival. They were so nice they dropped her a few beers for me to try.

Made with a 25-40% of the grist substituted with crumbed left over bread from a local bakery.

508202F3-5408-4432-88B2-3D044AC844D1.jpeg

This one is really quite good. A very standard English pale with classic English hop profile. But really good and clean and well made with no oxidation that I can pick out. They are in Reigate and worth a check out if your that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back