What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4B559278-4100-4CAE-898F-E8939254EE9C.jpeg
7ED61CA8-5578-4E0A-99CA-8713739426A9.jpeg
4D2539F3-2483-458F-A98A-974A2CEDE22D.jpeg
9F78DAAE-E159-4608-BE16-9F00E2E3C403.jpeg
3746E4E5-BA47-4AAD-8E4E-84EA0E394904.jpeg
Hit the bermondsey beer mile with @Hoddy tonight for our regular get together. Cloudwater, moor, bbno to name a few. Great night.

My head this morning is telling is was a great night.

Highlights were BBNo Idaho7 & Azzaca, CW IPA and CW DIPA unsurprisingly.

Enjoying a pint of my Southern Silk IPA:

uTaB94j.jpg

Now about 3 weeks since it was kegged and it's as clear as a bell and tasting wonderful. The Vermont yeast works so well with the new world hops and really gives a silky, full mouthfeel. I knew Galaxy and Motueka were a great combo and now I'm totally sold on Cashmere as well.

9F49DDFB-56B8-4A63-9761-416757BEADD5.jpeg

So tonight I have been lucky Enough to get to try two whisky oak barrel aged beers. The first one is by @dan125

This is a Beauty. Not to thin but with a slight crisp edge and no over powering malt character. A slight hint of whisky with a great oaky character. Not a massively hop forward BIPA but a great beer with tons of character and drinkability. And a over 6% it’s dangerous. Another quality beer.

E99CA59E-6A91-4BB3-8629-FB60DF716FFD.jpeg

Up second tonight is another whisky oak aged BIPA by @Leon103

This one is Citra laden which I love. There is more whisky character in this beer which blends with the BIPA and dark malts beautifully that ends with a Citra punch at the end. A great beer and makes me want to do some oak aging myself.

You would not believe this has been fermented at 30oC with Kveik. It’s just a amazing.

I think I have been spoilt a bit this evening with these dark beers. And its only September.

View attachment 20697

This one is Citra laden which I love. There is more whisky character in this beer which blends with the BIPA and dark malts beautifully that ends with a Citra punch at the end. A great beer and makes me want to do some oak aging myself.

You would not believe this has been fermented at 30oC with Kveik. It’s just a amazing.

I think I have been spoilt a bit this evening with these dark beers. And its only September.
Cheers mate. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the oak

View attachment 20697

Now that sounds lovely.

Leon123/dan125, do you own some old casks or did you use chips? Just curious how you did it

Now that sounds lovely.

Leon123/dan125, do you own some old casks or did you use chips? Just curious how you did it

Leon was kind enough to send me some of the same chunks, and I did the same - just chucked them into the FV with the wort. I used less than Leon but left them in contact with the beer for longer.

View attachment 20696

So tonight I have been lucky Enough to get to try two whisky oak barrel aged beers. The first one is by @dan125

This is a Beauty. Not to thin but with a slight crisp edge and no over powering malt character. A slight hint of whisky with a great oaky character. Not a massively hop forward BIPA but a great beer with tons of character and drinkability. And a over 6% it’s dangerous. Another quality beer.
Sounds like two great beers

Saisons. Coming Friday it's guild night again, and the 2-out-of-3 beer is Saison. So trying several saisons to find a couple that are a bit alike.

day six.jpg
Belgian Tripel HB. It's just under a week in the bottle and carbonating well. It's lighter in color than it appears. I used Safale T-58 and MJ M-41. The yeasts did really well providing the flavor and aroma. It's 11 1/2% ABV.
This was taken about 7 pm on Sunday, UK time.

Is that out of a keg. My kviek stout is struggling to carb up. Still early days it's only in the bottle a few weeks
Yup is off keg only been in there a fortnight and it's so good. This kveik realy is a miracle yeast, who needs to age big beers?

IMG_1438 (1).jpg

I've started early today!

The above is a Spiced Pumpkin Ale that I started in November 2017 for Christmas the same year!

I overdid the "cloves" bit of the Spices and it originally tasted like a mouthwash. It had mellowed by February 2018 and now (nearly two years later) it is a superb drink; still with a cloves taste!

The "downsizing" continues as I drink the bottles and sink into oblivion! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back