What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sainsburys American Style IPA (again) and tonight and a few nights ago the aroma was amazing and the flavour was wonderfully fresh.

A lot like the Lidl beers they can be so variable and tonight they're amazing. The Lidl Green Gecko and Gnarly Fox can be wonderfully hoppy and zesty sometimes and dead other times. The Purple Panther can range from almost overly roasted to full blown chocolatey, and that's bottles bought the same day. No idea if it's production, storage, delivery or what.

But today I won. Yay.

"Amberillo" - as the name suggests, an American Amber ale featuring Amerillo hops, brewed a couple of months ago:

Attachments

• Amberillo_Aug27-1.jpg
    Amberillo_Aug27-1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 158
Offbeat - chocolate and cherry stout by Magic Rock and Wild Beer Co. 750ml bottle, love a non sharing sharer :)

I've sneaked a 3 week old bottle of my cascade Amarillo pale...Maris otter,wheat,Munich, barley flaked and oats ...a bit young but it has the malty,grainy taste I was hoping for...I must hold back on this..

In San Francisco for business, so of course decided to turn it into a beer research trip. Shortly after getting settled at the hotel, ended up at the Toronado, and lo and behold - the legendary Pliny the Elder. Have heard about this beer on many podcasts, blog posts, etc. Thrilled to have finally tried it - it is excellent.

IMG_3793.jpg

In San Francisco for business, so of course decided to turn it into a beer research trip. Shortly after getting settled at the hotel, ended up at the Toronado, and lo and behold - the legendary Pliny the Elder. Have heard about this beer on many podcasts, blog posts, etc. Thrilled to have finally tried it - it is excellent.

View attachment 20880
Spent a few months in SF a couple of years ago, found the best bar to be the International Sports Bar, on (or near) Columbus Avenue... Great selection of beers, on tap and in bottle, and a good atmosphere. Also recognisible as the street used for the Bullitt car chase.

Coopers irish stout only a week old....
Sneaky taste just to see bit still quite nice tho

Had a couple of my Golden Cornbine AG and now drinking a Mangrove Jacks AIPA which is a tad young but still quite nice.

Working from home today and finally got my lager line to stop fobbing so it would be rude not to have a Czech Pilsner with a cheese and chorizo butty. Still not sure about this one but my word it has cleared up since last tested.
20191002_122719.jpg

Treated myself to a few Cloudwater beers and as it's a lovely sunny evening I thought I'd ease in gently with a hoppy little lager.
It's incredibly clean and has a nice crispness without being thin at just 3.6%.
Maybe a touch more bitterness than a standard commercial lager of this sort of strength and bit less fizzy, with a very mild hoppy aroma.
Very quaffable - I drank it all while writing this :laugh8:
Yum acheers.
20191002_172058.jpg

This is a bit more like it though.
Brilliant beer - wish I could brew ipa like this.
20191002_180721.jpg

Was really interested to try this single hop motueka ipa as I've never really liked the hop when I've used it before.
Works nicely with a bit of sweetness and low bitterness though athumb..
20191002_194817.jpg

I fear this will be my last ever post on here before being blocked, but here goes.

I am drinking the last of my barrel ioff my EKG user upper. It's very nice indeed, if a bit strong.

This means, ahem, I have now completely run out of homebrew. Completely. In my defence, we've had a mental six months with the eldest child having open heart surgery (don't worry, she's 200% fine), parents having heart attacks in the outer Hebrides (also now fine) and having to have cancer chopped off my back (again, not the dangerous kind as it turned out and I'm fine), work being batshit crazy, and the Mrs finishing her final year at Uni.

However, they are poor excuses for a brewer to run out of beer, so I apologise. acheers.

The good news is a new brewery has opened in the next village and can sell me base malt at a great price so I'll soon be back at it!

Three out of date beers (if there is such a thing?!). £3.

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_195950.jpg
    IMG_20191002_195950.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back