What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit disappointed with the Julius, me and my mate shared it and gave it a 80 out of 100.
All the Treehouse we've had aint been very hoppy.
The balance is beautiful and the carbonation is amazing.
But Putty knocked spots off it
Hm that's interesting, I wonder is it something do do with the fact that it's travelled so far.

Bit disappointed with the Julius, me and my mate shared it and gave it a 80 out of 100.
All the Treehouse we've had aint been very hoppy.
The balance is beautiful and the carbonation is amazing.
But Putty knocked spots off it
What was the neon raptor like ? Their beers are usually right up my street.

Sampled four bottles of a bitter/red ale (complete user upper with loads of crystal/dark malt fermented with 4th generation Ringwood yeast) and after 4 months in the bottle it’s rather nice! A big complex beer at 5.6% :beer1:

Bought a few treats for Christmas and being as I finished work on Friday, why not?
DSC_2007.JPG
DSC_2008.JPG
DSC_2009.JPG
DSC_2010.JPG

First beer in 6 weeks or so, found a bottle of wet hop IPA in my cellar . Brewed on 22 September I think, 100% Vienna, og 1.055, US05 yeast, he home grown centennial hops. Hops have really faded but there's a decent bitterness there at least.
IMG_20191221_195842135-01.jpeg

On the Simply Red wine tonight which is pretty good compared to £6.99 bottles. Well worth the money and a good basic house red kit with some oak in there. Waiting for the Wherry to carb up then that will see me through till I start on AG in the new year Whoooot !

Drinking a Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake, 7.4% stout with cacao and oak. It’s really nice, the chocolate flavour is strong but not overpowering, and it’s not an overly sweet finish. I find a lot of craft stouts to finish really sweet and finishing a whole one can be a bit heavy going, but this is nicely balanced.

IMG_20191219_205024126.jpg
First neipa in a while. Bang on style you wouldn't know your drinking beer. Big fruit flavour with that soft mouth feel.

On the Simply Red wine tonight which is pretty good compared to £6.99 bottles. Well worth the money and a good basic house red kit with some oak in there. Waiting for the Wherry to carb up then that will see me through till I start on AG in the new year Whoooot !
Keep meaning to try brewing wine but I heard mixed reviews about the red wine kits. That they lack body. Any you would recommend to try

I can't speak from experience but this one has similar characteristics to shop bought and brewed full to instructions. Trying the Beaverdale Shiraz 30 bottle next as a comparison.

Tea Sherry. Or, at least, "sherry" is what I call it.

Ingredients/equipment (for 1 demijohn:

20 teabags
Hi Stephen,
That recipe is extremely interesting. Thanks. A question about the tea: have you experimented with different types of tea, and if so what has been the result? Rather than just a "Tetley or Typhoo" type of experimenting, I'm thinking more of "Assam or Pu'er" type of experimenting. Would be good to hear your comments.

Hi Stephen,
That recipe is extremely interesting. Thanks. A question about the tea: have you experimented with different types of tea, and if so what has been the result? Rather than just a "Tetley or Typhoo" type of experimenting, I'm thinking more of "Assam or Pu'er" type of experimenting. Would be good to hear your comments.
Hi there.

So far, I have only used ordinary tea bags. Namely, a UK brand called "Yorkshire tea". That is to say, a typical asamica black tea blend. Which is what most teabags (in the UK) are comprised of.

I am considering using one of the popular fruit teabags for this recipe. Probably blackcurrant.

View attachment 21954
Made some stuffed shells while having a HB Belgian Quadrupel (2 of 2). There are actually two trays of the stuff, something like twelve meals, all told. Most of that going into the freezer. It's a favorite of my wife's. Lot of steps.
Do you ever do cauliflower cheese or cheese and onion pie, you seem to be pretty keen on the old bung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back