what are you growing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toms, chillies,peppers,shallots,onions,garlic,potatoes,carrots,sprouts,broccoli,cabbage,runner beans,French beans,broad beans,leeks,strawberries, plums,pears,apples,raspberries...sure I'm missing something!

I am going to try to grow winter spuds, we only had one light frosty morning last winter, so hopefully I will get them to grow in the polytunnel.

I am going to try to grow winter spuds, we only had one light frosty morning last winter, so hopefully I will get them to grow in the polytunnel.
Should do well in the tunnel mate even better if you earth up with straw or hay when they start to show 👍

Loads. Sowed some celery and celeriac today. Have hundreds of plants in modules to go out in a couple of weeks. Need to plant the potatoes soon, pentland javelin and yukon gold for me this year.

Tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, spring onion, sweetcorn, courgette, carrot, onion, garlic, leek, potato, sweet potato, mash potato squash, runner beans, Borlotto beans, cauliflower, broccol, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackcurrant, gooseberries, plum, pear, apple, sour cherry

I've got to grow everything in containers, pots or bags. On the waiting list for allotment but they're in high demand and I guess that's only going to get worse.

However, from some friends locally that have allotments, there are quite a few that have been abandoned. The process to reaquire abandoned is slow one it appears!

So this year I have tomato, chilli, lettuce, shallots waiting to go out and some pink fir apples chitting. Waiting for "patio" cucumbers to become available.

Planting my Asparagus crowns that i grew from seed in 2019 this weekend. My plot wasn't ready for them last year. Plus all the usual veggies.
Am trying 2 new ones this year. Celeriac and kohl Rabi any advice on these would be greatly appreciated

1DE3C12C-8BDC-4DEE-BFC7-A088E901DEF4.jpeg

Spuds in old fermenters

My tomatoes are looking very sad, skins dull looking, can tell its autumn with the fungi that is sprouting up through the sugar cane mulch.
011.JPG 012.JPG
Planted the spuds for hopefully a winter crop, we had a very wet spring but summer and autumn has been very dry.
A large crook neck pumpkin lurking in the undergrowth
001.JPG 013.JPG
A bit of an experiment, just shows how plants know what time of year it is. Planted some cannabis way too late, some old 2018 seed. They usually grow about 3 meters high these are about 650mm high and the hermaphrodite is carrying seed pods ready to drop. Seeds are no good as they will have a great many of the genetic make up of the parent plant.
Every single living thing has the survival instinct even single cell organisms just show how a plant can fast track to make sure of the survival of the next generation.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Spuds are well on their way, 2nd day of winter, still harvesting dwarf beans cauli, cabbage and broccoli coming on as well.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Back