Quantcast

What are you listening to tonight.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

VW911

Landlord.
Reaction score
Sadly nothing. Turned on my Linn LP12 turntable this afternoon to play a Gary Moore LP and it stopped turning after two tracks. It looks like the motor has packed up. Gonna be an expensive repair. :(
Hope you get it fixed soon.
Funnily, I was listening to "Live and Dangerous" earlier...

GhostShip

Reaction score
Been listening constantly to Fleet Foxes new album Shore since its release a few weeks ago. I love it. Brilliant band.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must admit the Michelle Gorevich was the wife's choice, :laugh8: got some good songs on it.
I used to work with a Polish bloke who shared a flat with two of the members of Behemoth. I like some heavy stuff but even I find them a bit extreme. Amazing band but the satanic message puts me off a little :laugh8:

DavidHatton

Reaction score
I used to work with a Polish bloke who shared a flat with two of the members of Behemoth. I like some heavy stuff but even I find them a bit extreme. Amazing band but the satanic message puts me off a little :laugh8:
True, I find the Satanic bit slightly daft, it goes with the black metal territory, I do prefer a more subtle image these days, bands like Triptykon, Gojira... to name a couple. 🤘

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, I find the Satanic bit slightly daft, it goes with the black metal territory, I do prefer a more subtle image these days, bands like Triptykon, Gojira... to name a couple. 🤘
Not familiar with Triptykon but absolutely love Gojira. I still remember my first time hearing Mars to Sirius, and being blown away by it.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Nergal from Behemoth seems like a great bloke. I follow him on social media.

He’s also released 2 albums as “Me and That Man”, the first one was with a British guitarist who is only famous in Poland and is phenomenal - very dark gothic bluesy Americana. The second one is ok, but more of a rock solo record with a load of guest vocalists than the style of the first.