What are you listening to tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We tend to like the 'Country Rocks' channel on DAB as well. It's more modern rockier country and much more pleasant to listen to! We LOVE Luke Bryan!

Edit: no I'm wrong it's on internet radio not DAB!

I do think it's difficult sometimes putting music into a specific genre isn't it? You tend to go by individual songs and could wrongly dismiss something just because you think you don't like it.

2 words that should never be used together are country and rock.
Please.
I’ve never heard of the radio station she mentioned (and I don’t like that Luke Bryan bloke or Carrie Underwood), but the alt-country scene is very good. The best bands and artists have the same political outlook as most of the punk stuff I listen to so I find them similar lyrically.

Drive-by Truckers and Jason Isbell in particular have a lot of crossover appeal into the alternative and rock scenes. Even Chris Shifflet (who is the Foo Fighters lead guitarist and used to be in the punk band No Use For A Name) has released 2 alt-country records.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should listen to it and decide but I know I won’t. 😂
@samale i was a proper rocker back in the day not into glam rock (never understood why they had to look like girls) and I strayed into crossover punk bands like DRI and industrial metal.

Perhaps I should listen to it and decide but I know I won’t. 😂
@samale i was a proper rocker back in the day not into glam rock (never understood why they had to look like girls) and I strayed into crossover punk bands like DRI and industrial metal.
Suicidal Tendencies are my favourite of the so-called “crossover” bands.

Back