What are you listening to tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favourite bands ever! The eldest bought us a ticket for Download in 2019 when they were playing, and because of covid, haven't had a chance to go yet! Here's hoping next year is the year!

I guess I'd always thought of this as a Doors song, I wasn't aware, although I guess I should have been, of the original version. That's quite something in 1957.

Nuthin... our neighbours start banging on the wall if we so much as run the bath. But I've decided enough is enough after they had a new kitchen fitted over a two-week period without warning when I was on nights. So tomorrow I'm gonna play Led Zep 2, some Anthrax and some Orangutan. Gonna really open the taps on my monster 70s amp. That'll do the trick. I can see a feud developing. F*** 'em.

I saw a documentatry about this album a few weeks back and was intrigued. It told the story of how the band had started out apeing the American music style of the day, (such as All day and all of the night and You really got me) then after unsuccessful tours of the states, which concluded with them being banned from touring there again, they changed to a more parochial English style, (songs such as Sunny afternoon, Dedicated follower of fashion and Waterloo sunset). By 1968, disenchanted with the music industry, they released this deliberately uncommercial album, which flopped in the charts, but has grown to become an undiscovered classic.

I have finally got around to listening to it in full and was pleasantly surprised by it.

I'd quite forgotten about Tangerine Dream. Listened to Phaedra and Rubicon earlier on and then got put off by some of their more recent stuff. Giving Stratosfear a whirl right now- don't think it's one I've got in my vinyl collection.

Thanks for that. I hadn't heard of them, but I'll give them a whirl when Tyger comes to an end.
Sorry - its XTC -reagarded by musicians and producers as one of musics biggest influencers. Didn't sell billions, but its the influence, just like the Velvet underground.

Ploughing through couple DVDs worth of the late great Mr Peel sessions mate sent me, mostly great stuff I remember hearing some when broadcast, happy days!

Listening to Pete Tong on Radio 1, it's a Friday night show but I find it fits nicely for a Sunday as it's quite chilled for my tastes

Back