What are your favourite beer kits?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbox82

Reaction score
Hi

Very new to home brewing (just drinking my second batch). Was wondering what other peoples favourite beer kits are? I thought it would be nice to start a thread where people list their top three beer kits they have had, to give some ideas for what to try next.

Mine isnt even a top three yet, but i would say out of the two i have done so far:

1. Woodfordes wherry
2. Woodfordes sundew

Let me know what your top three beer kits are, with an explanation if you so wish.

Cheers

I have to say I haven't had a duff kit recently. They're all different, would be difficult to pick a favourite. I'd probably go with:

1. Sundew
2. Admiral's Reserve

but that's only because my Wherry is still carbonating!

Young's harvest mild is pretty good, but I was comparing with Mansion Mild the other night and there's something missing - mouth feel, I think. I'm not an expert.

I mostly brew AG now but still do the odd kit, as I'm primarily a lager drinker my first choice is obvious but I do enjoy a nice ale/bitter/Ipa :-

1. Coopers Euro lager (Bohemian yeast (smackpack)

2. Woodfords Wherry (kit yeast)

3. Coopers IPA (kit yeast) I bought a Greene King Gold IPA as it was on offer at Sainsbury's and couldn't tell the difference ;)

Good luck

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I think i'm going to work my way through the woodfordes kits, by and large the reviews look really good and the ones i have made so far have worked well.

1. Woodfords Headcracker
2. Woodfords Nelson's Revenge
3. Woodfords Wherry
I've done loads of kits and Woodfords (by far) suit my taste buds best! :thumb:
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back