What Beer Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunyp

Reaction score
Not a new magazine in the newsagents, but the pubs and clubs i frequent have been kind enough to save me there 1 pint bottles, but what brands are good, and if i have heard right the colour plays a part doesent it? I plan on capping them obviously, also but before i do what is your advise on which capper to go for? They stock Magners - Pear (Green) and Apple (Brown) Fullers Pride (Brown) and Spitfire (Clear)

Cheers All and happy brewing :drink:

I would go for a bench capper, as they can cap alot of different bottles, where as some of the hand cappers can't do some bottles. And it's easier on the arms after 40 bottles :thumb:

As with bottles the brown are the best, don't know about the green and clear you will need to keep the bottles stored in the dark to protect from UV light.

Aye, seems like a slight repeat from three threads down :p

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4520

Always liked the shape of the Magners bottles. Brown is always best in my eyes. For bottles only thou ;-)

:drink:

Guinness pint bottles are ace, very heavy glass. The only problem is they're so dark it's hard to see the filling up! causing the odd spill

Latest posts

Back