What diameter beer/gas line on your corny?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ H-R

Reaction score
what diameter gas and beer line are people using on their cornies? I've read various threads with 3/8", 5/16" 1/2" ID 1/2" OD etc etc.... :wha:

Is there an optimum size for all beers or do different styles need different lines?

Help me please :pray:

As far as i remember it's 3/8 ;) I'm afraid i can't answer about different styles and different sizes but i know i wouldn't change lines for styles :thumb:

Thanks AT, they look like a very good supplier. :thumb:

So what's the difference? Are there benefits to the 3/8" over the 5/16"?

I've read that the 5/16" line is less likely to give you excess foam when you dispense. Have you experience of this? Out of interest which one do you use?

Thanks for the info.

I have 3/8" between the disconect and my tap, only about 9". The same as Norm supplies. I only have foaming if I've carbonated too much, but I prefer to keep the carbonation low anyway (<=10psi).

This is now subject to change though. SWMBO won't let me have a bar so I've picked up a funny named cupboard that matches the rest of the furniture to build a micro-bar in. We'll see what happens when I get the rest of it sorted.

We woule run 1/2 inch between cask and Beer Engine, with a flojet pump at the cask end and a Check Valve at the pump (runs are generally 30ft plus)

If anyone insists on kegged beer, then we would use 3/8 (again runs are around 30 feet), with around 2 feet of 3/16 at the tap.

At home I pretty much run 3/16 on all my taps with 3/8 on the hand pump. . . . .

Latest posts

Back