What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know unfortunately...

Still, if it finally tastes anything like it smells then I'll be happy, used cane sugar this time round with a strong yeast, so fingers crossed it'll have a kick to it also acheers.
If you are saving it for Christmas I would be wondering what it would have been like with a cup of raisins swollen with rum going into secondary.:beer1:

Brewing today...
25L of my personally named "Christmas Golden Sleigh"
25L Ashbeck Tesco water
3Kg Maris Otter
500g Torri Wheat
500g Crystal Malt
500g Larger Malt
50g Goldings
25g Amarillo
25g Fugles

acheers.

Ok guys

Pressure barrel filled with a sniffter of mixed brown and white cane sugar for a little fizz (I`ve done this before and it worked for me), along with OG taken at 1.050 to FG taken of 1.018 giving a guesstimated ABV of 4.3%..ish I`m seeing ? which will suit me and dad as he likes the Ales around that level, Ill take the readings again in a few weeks or so see if it has changed at all.

So I am chuffed with this, i`ll post pics of sample of pouring in due course :hat: acheers.

Ok guys

Pressure barrel filled with a sniffter of mixed brown and white cane sugar for a little fizz (I`ve done this before and it worked for me), along with OG taken at 1.050 to FG taken of 1.018 giving a guesstimated ABV of 4.3%..ish I`m seeing ? which will suit me and dad as he likes the Ales around that level, Ill take the readings again in a few weeks or so see if it has changed at all.

So I am chuffed with this, i`ll post pics of sample of pouring in due course :hat: acheers.
1.018 is a bit of a high finish. Are you sure it's done fermenting?

Title: DIPA MAC Attack
Brew Method: All Grain
Style Name: Double IPA
Boil Time: 90 min
Batch Size: 5 liters (fermentor volume)
Boil Size: 7 liters
Boil Gravity: 1.056
Efficiency: 60% (brew house)

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.078
Final Gravity: 1.015
ABV (standard): 8.2%
IBU (tinseth): 63
SRM (morey): 12.4
Mash pH: 0

FERMENTABLES:
1900 g - Maris Otter Pale (92.2%)
120 g - Caramel / Crystal 30L (5.8%)
40 g - Caramel / Crystal 60L (1.9%)

HOPS:
4 g - Chinook 60 min
10 g - Amarillo 5 min
10 g - Chinook 5 min
11 g - Mosaic 5 min

5 g - Amarillo Whirlpool at 80 °C
5 g - Chinook Whirlpool at 80 °C
5 g - Mosaic Whirlpool at 80 °C

5 g - Amarillo Dry Hop for 7 days
5 g - Chinook Dry Hop for 7 days
5 g - Mosaic Dry Hop for 7 days

YEAST:
Mangrove Jack - US West Coast Yeast M44

Last edited:
10 litre batch of IPA but had a senior moment. I bought bottled water and then forgot to use in so used the crappy tap water. I'm going to dry hop it which will hopefully cover the taste.

Today I did a double brew, a Conniston Bluebird Bitter clone (doubt whether it will be close) so I will just call it Conniston bitter, the other is from Graham Wheelers book Double Chance Bitter which is quite a nice drop.
Early morning dough in, staggered as I can only use the immersion chiller one at a time.
007.JPG

The boil.
008.JPG

After the boil was over. Clear wort into fermenters, a cleaner tasting beer out.
010.JPG

A busy day....a simple American pale...Maris otter, carapils,crystal and some" horrified" wheat...bittered with magnum and late additions of mosaic. It'll get a nice mosaic dry hop too
No dramas and a continued rise in efficiency with my new manifold.
Got 23 litres to fv @ 1048 which gives me 73.5% BHE.
I'm very pleased with the result!
Forgot to add...kegged my tribute clone during the boil!

Moved my DIPA to SV today and somehow have ended up with 500ml more than I started with (5l batch), my FV must've been on a slope? :laugh8: Mixed news as that means my efficiency is up by 7%, but the IBU is 10 points lower than I wanted.

Tastes almost exactly like Brewdogs Mr President which is what I was aiming for athumb..

Currently at the boil stage on my Chocolate Coffee Rum Stout.

Belgian Strong Golden Ale, 20L. Malt: Pilsen Malt, Wheat Malt (only 6% to enhance foam), Golden Candi Syrup. Hops: Hallertau Opal for Bittering and Aroma. Spices: a small tip of Cardamon, Ginger and Coriander Seed (love to use them. Get closer to Delirium Tremens than Duvel). Yeast: experimenting with Fermentis T-58. Usually I add Mangrove Jack's Belgian Ale, but brewshop is in a shortage of Mangrove yeasts.

Moved my DIPA to SV today and somehow have ended up with 500ml more than I started with (5l batch), my FV must've been on a slope? :laugh8: Mixed news as that means my efficiency is up by 7%, but the IBU is 10 points lower than I wanted.

Tastes almost exactly like Brewdogs Mr President which is what I was aiming for athumb..

Currently at the boil stage on my Chocolate Coffee Rum Stout.

Update on the stout: I was aiming for a brewhouse efficiency of 65%... Somehow I've managed 82%! I've gone from an expected OG of 1.050ish to 1.064

Latest posts

Back