What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AG#126 and it's my first time brewing with rye malt - 15% in a rye pale ale.
Over shot my target OG by 5 points for some reason for 29L at 1.049 so won't be quite the session beer I was planning

Will get 90g each chinook and centennial dry hop.

Screenshot_20200517-185815.jpg

Brewed a 5lt BIAB barley wine yesterday
(Hopped with northdown & golding)
I added yeast I'd harvested out of a Shepherd's Neame 1698 bottle thinking it would'nt work
But I came down this morning to find it merrily bubbling away...athumb..
20200518_111620.jpg

American amber for me tonight. Just mashing in at 66 degrees.
3.5 maris otter
1kg light Munich
300g crystal 80
200g special w
100g chocolate

Probably cascade centennial and Amarillo haven't got that far yet

So, now brewing the Young’s American IPA kit, but with a little additional light brown sugar, which raised the OG to 1.062. If I can get it down to 1.008 that’ll be around 7% before carbonating.
I’ve also purchased an additional 100g of Chinook to add to the supplied 100g of hops for dry hopping right at the end, so hoping it will be a feisty number

Started a batch of Coopers Irish Stout with 1kg of enhancer & 500g of brewing sugar. Treated the water with 1/2 a campden tablet

Also bottled up my Coopers IPA which had been fermenting for 2 weeks, and started fining and clearing a 30 bottle white wine kit

I’ve just prepped 23L of John Bull. Added a campden tablet as recommended in the water treatment post. I purchased the brew kit from eblag and I’ve added 1kg of Beer Enhancer. I’m just waiting for the temperature of the mix to drop and I’ll add the yeast after taking an OG reading. It’s my first beer brew so fingers crossed it‘ll work out well.
Regardless of the outcome I’ve got a kit of Young’s Scottish Heavy to go next.

10 litres of GH's Raspberry Wheat Beer. Will add 1000g of thawed raspberries after two days in the FV.
1000g wheat
1500g Pilsner
200g Acid malt
12g challenger 60 minutes
CML Kristallweizen

Currently chilling

23 litres of Lockdown 2 APA. Used WHC juice machine which had a SBD Dec 2019 given to me by a friend. Made a starter last night and used no chill so literally I've just pitched the yeast which has a real fruity note but slight sharpness but not in a bad way. Shall wait to see if it kicks off.
Screenshot_20200520_164958_com.brewersfriend.premium.jpg
Screenshot_20200520_164952_com.brewersfriend.premium.jpg
IMG_20200520_165136.jpg

I've just brewed one of the Wilko Cerveza kits. Having read the thread on this, I used the can, 1kg of Wilko brewing sugar, 20 litres of Celtic mineral water (Iceland), 1 pack of Wilko Gervin English ale yeast 11g, 2 tea spoons of Wilko yeast nutrient and gave it a jolly good stir. Snapped the lid down about two thirds the way round. My SG reading was 1.039 prior to the yeast going in. Nothing happened for the first 10 hours or so then a nice foam head appeared and it was off and bubbling nicely. Following the advice from terrym , I will be leaving for two weeks in the FV before considering bottling. No idea what it will turn out like, but, fingers crossed eh.

After a long gap, started brewing on 18 March, not a lover of bottled/canned beer.
First brew was a Ritchies Simply Yorkshire Bitter. Second just the Simply Bitter as stock issues. All turned out really amazingly good. Started brew#3 yesterday, upped the volts SG 1049 :)

Attachments

• Brew#3.jpg
    Brew#3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Ritchie`s simply bitter.jpg
    Ritchie`s simply bitter.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 114
20 litres of mild. 2x 25 litres of wheat beer getting started tonight and tomorrow. will post under brewdays when I've finished mucking out the cowshed (cleaning the kitchen).

Caledonian Porter Clone (Graham Wheeler Recipe) this will be my third time making it, and is a beer I sadly have never had the chance to drink the commercial version of. This will be the third time I’ve brewed this recipe so I have a pretty good idea what to expect a 4-4.2% brown Porter, nice malty flavour with a good amount of bitterness. Just got to wait 4-6 weeks before I can drink it.

Caledonian Porter Clone (Graham Wheeler Recipe) this will be my third time making it, and is a beer I sadly have never had the chance to drink the commercial version of.
I've lived in Edinburgh for over 30 years and have never seen it for sale. Its possible it morphed into one of their seasonal beers?

Latest posts

Back