Quantcast

What did you brew today?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
I brewed a kveik apa today. Mainly crafty malsters pale malt with 12% flaked malted oats.
Citra and Moutere in the kettle , and will get a Citra, Moutere and Vic Secret dry hop.
Pitched CML kveik at 30C and it's off and running after 3 hours athumb..
View attachment 30457
Sounds good I just dropped 150g dry hop into my hazy IPA. El Dorado Amarillo azacca. Colour looks spot on

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
I had to Google montere. I thought it was a spelling mistake 😃
How'd I miss them, let me know how it turns out

prog99

Landlord.
Reaction score
I tasted a homebrewed elderflower IPA a couple of years ago and it was fantastic, it's on my list to make an elderflower beer but I haven't got round to it. It sounds great in a saison actually.
Out of the boil (I steeped the elderflower) there was a very strong aroma which has diminished during fermentation. The wort was also very clear post boil, the elderflower seems to really attract the trub.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
I had to Google montere. I thought it was a spelling mistake 😃
How'd I miss them, let me know how it turns out
My first time using them - didn't smell as pungent as the citra out of the bag

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Redx IPA
I have been looking to brew @An Ankoù redx IPA for a while. Finally getting around to it now. Slight variation on the hops but I wanted to use what I have in stock.
Red IPA
6.5kg of redx
Mash went on earlier today @63 degrees. I will do a mash out later tonight when I get home.
20g Magnum@60 mins
25g each of centennial, el Dorado, Amarillo @ 15 mins
25 g of each again @ hop stand 80 degrees
50 g of each dry hop on day 10
Yeast will be US05

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
Yes, David. I'm sure I did everything right as I am meticulous in getting every drop of the extract out of the bag or tin, which ever it is, and always give the wort a serious stir and mix.
Sorry about the late acknowledgement that I read your post (I didn't look at this thread again until ten minutes ago).
So, I was curious what your final gravity turned out to be?
Cheers.

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
Please say...
Fine, it wasn't naughty, though, just utterly off of what it really was. In my defense, I had my glasses on which don't work up close.
You ready for "anti-climactic"?
Some sort of weird bread (that brown on the right, I thought was browned crust), couldn't make out what the black circles were except maybe mold and then I thought it was a section of carpet or an object covered in carpet.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
I just checked on my Chocolate Milkshake Stout when adding the chocolate infusion and vanilla pods. SG is high at 1.024 but really rich and sweet as I wanted. I have high hopes for this one.

mclaughlinj

Regular.
Reaction score
After actually looking at the weather forecast earlier this week, decided to take my first steps with Kveik today to brew a (hopefully!) inoffensive summer golden ale. I need to dial in my boil losses, as I overshot my preboil gravity by 6 points (1.046) but only overshot my OG by 1 point (1.050) and ended up with 2 or so more litres in the FV (which is, of course, no bad thing).

Wanted to keep this simple with just a FWH charge to 20 IBU so as to explore what the yeast has to offer with no temperature control over the hot weekend ahead...

Apollo Kveik - 4.9%
British Golden Ale

Batch Size : 20 L
Boil Time : 60 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 64.2%
Mash Efficiency: 70.6%

IBU : 20 (Tinseth)
Color : 6 EBC
Carbonation : 2.4 CO2-vol
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.040
Original Gravity: 1.049
Final Gravity: 1.012
ABV: 4.9%

Fermentables (5 kg)
2.5 kg - Lager Malt 3 EBC (50%)
2.5 kg - Pale Ale Low Colour Maris Otter 3 EBC (50%)

Hops (8.5 g)
First Wort - 8.5 g - Apollo - 18.7% (20 IBU)

Miscellaneous
10 min - Boil - 5 g - Irish Moss

Yeast
0.5 pkg - Lallemand (LalBrew) Voss Kveik

Mash profile
Medium fermentability
67 °C - 60 min

Fermentation Profile
Kveik
35 °C - however many days - Primary

Planning on splitting this after primary has completed, keeping one half as is and dry hopping The other half with 20g of Ekuanot.

Latest posts