What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red pale ale
3kg redx
2kg pilsner
15 min boil ( Liverpool match was starting )
20g Chinook@15mins
30g cascade@flameout
50g sorachi ace@flameout

Dry hop with Chinook & sorachi ace
Pia yeast

Not today, yesterday i got another raspberry turbo cider on the go.
The other one is still fermenting away after 10 days.

IMG_20200928_010525557.jpg

Picked up some more yeast, a hydrometer and a merlot kit from wilkos.

21 Litres Best Bitter

3.6Kg Maris otter
170g Amber
170g Crystal Medium
170g Wheat malt

31g Challenger at 60
11g Fuggles at 15
11g EKG at 15
80g Fuggles 10 minute hopstand at 80C

OG 1.046 WLP013 London Ale

21 litres of Leffe Blonde

4500g Pilsner malt
400g Munich malt
600g Flaked Maize
300g Golden syrup
300g Dextrose
40g Hersbrucker 60m
30g Saaz 15m
CML Monk at 18C
OG 1064

Red pale ale
3kg redx
2kg pilsner
15 min boil ( Liverpool match was starting )
20g Chinook@15mins
30g cascade@flameout
50g sorachi ace@flameout

Dry hop with Chinook & sorachi ace
Pia yeast
so what is the redx like more of a Munich or pale ale malt?

so what is the redx like more of a Munich or pale ale malt?
I would describe it like a mixture between a Munich & Caramel malt. I have some more redx IPA if you would like to try. It is definitely unique, nice body to it. I tried doing some research online some seem to think it's a blend of Malts. Bestmalz don't give much away

I would describe it like a mixture between a Munich & Caramel malt. I have some more redx IPA if you would like to try. It is definitely unique, nice body to it. I tried doing some research online some seem to think it's a blend of Malts. Bestmalz don't give much away
yeah that would be great, will be a awhile till I make another malt order. that combination sounds great, my recent red ipas have all been misses and I think the darker caramel malts are just too caramelly and chewy to mesh well with citrus hops. kind of like mixing lemon citrus and chocolate, they don't mesh well to my taste buds.

Unintentional Experimental Belgian Wheat Dubbel

Due to a misread on the packaging and unintentionally adding 1.5kg Belgian Wheat Malt I've brewed Experimental Belgian Wheat Dubbel.

So 4kg Belgian Pilsner Malt
1.5kg Begian Wheat Malt
400g Special W Malt
250g Caramunich II
500g Light Candi Sugar at 15 min
25g EKG at 60 min
15g Tetnang at 15 min
20g Hersbrucker at 15 min

Mangrove Jack Belgian Ale Yeast

Should be interesting...
An update on this, tried a bottle last night and i'm pleasantly surprised, tastes like a Dubbel.
I'll try one in another week and report back.

Just checked my log and its been 3 months since my last brew day :eek:. Having to work is a serious bummer sometimes!
Bought the grains for this on a while back, brewed yesterday and it's bubbling away in the garage as we speak.

GEB hoppy APA all grain kit, Hoppy American Pale Ale All Grain Ingredient Kit - 23 Litres 6.4% - Get Er Brewed.
I've done a couple of their kits so far and they're all good. Looking foward to seeing how this turns out.

I’ve not brewed anything, but I have done my first ever pressure transfer to keg. Everything has gone swimmingly.

Tested out my ghetto bottling tool as well on 6 bottles. Growler spout to length of silicone tubing to bottling wand. I tried without the bottling wand but it was leaving too much headspace. I’ve added a tiny touch of sugar to each bottle and will keep in the warm to see if it’s worked ok.

Didn't brew but bottled 21 bottles of Grapefruit IPA. The picture above reminded me that I tried capping wth some gold caps I bought from GEB and both my clappers wouldn't work with them. I then changed to yellow and they were fine.

what hops will you be trying?
I have a good few brews planned. I got some noble hops, saaz, mosiac, azacca, EKG, Sorachi ace. I already have El Dorado, Amarillo, centennial, cascade.
I picked up some belle Saison, verdant IPA yeast plus WLP 530.
First up will be a Belgian dubbel then a traditional Saison which I will use WLP 670 Brett Saison yeast. I also want to brew the sorachi ace Saison I shared with you. I thought it was brilliant.
Maybe a Belgian imperial stout using the WLP530.
The list keeps getting bigger🤔

GH porter...although I've subbed the hops with fuggles and going to bung in some brambling X at flame out/80c. I also added a bit of torrified wheat.
After a poor start ( decided to have 10 minutes extra in bed and woke up 9:30!) everything seems to be going ok...

Latest posts

Back