What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a kind of a user upper NEIPA about to go on:
4kg MO
500g Vienna
350g flaked wheat
500g oats

60g Nelson Sauvin and 60g citra at flameout

That leaves me with 100g each of Simcoe and El Dorado for dry hopping. 50g of each on 2 dry hop charges.

Ferment with Lallemand Verdant

Last edited:
I had a go at at a 3C AIPA yesterday, never tried to produce one before. not mega strong, only 1042 FG.

I ummed and ah-ed about what yeast to use; I had a Lallemand New England, a Lallemand Verdant, and an MJ42. I'm not adventurous with yeasts and don't use a wide range.

Eventually I decided I'd copy MickDundee above and go with the Verdant. :D Never used any of them before.

I had a go at at a 3C AIPA yesterday, never tried to produce one before. not mega strong, only 1042 FG.

I ummed and ah-ed about what yeast to use; I had a Lallemand New England, a Lallemand Verdant, and an MJ42. I'm not adventurous with yeasts and don't use a wide range.

Eventually I decided I'd copy MickDundee above and go with the Verdant. :D Never used any of them before.
I’ve just used it the once before, but I really liked it. I know there are a couple of members of the forum that don’t like the vanilla notes it can give to the beer though, but I do.

Managed to snag a couple of demijohns for a £1 each so it seemed rude not to throw a couple of brews (cider assembling) on.
20210607_153253.jpg

21 litres of Sierra Nevada APA
4700g Pale malt
300g Carapils
20g Columbus @60m
25g Chinook @10m
24g Cascade hopstand during chilling started at 85C
CML Five yeast @18C
OG 1052

26L of a woodsy, piney, orangey Amber ale fermented with Voss. It's a twist on my recent "Wild Thing" recipe I'm going to call "Wildwood". Original, eh? athumb..
Somehow lost a few points on OG which may be due to me upping water while locking ingredients in Brewer's Friend app and not recalculating grains.
It should still be about 4.8%ish.

Went for as much as possible in the kettle. This was before carefully adding the last litre!
rps20210612_154058.jpg

26L of a woodsy, piney, orangey Amber ale fermented with Voss. It's a twist on my recent "Wild Thing" recipe I'm going to call "Wildwood". Original, eh? athumb..
Somehow lost a few points on OG which may be due to me upping water while locking ingredients in Brewer's Friend app and not recalculating grains.
It should still be about 4.8%ish.

Went for as much as possible in the kettle. This was before carefully adding the last litre!
View attachment 48922
Jeez Cushy i thought i pushed the limit on my fullhorn, you will need to keep an eye on that athumb..

Up before the sun today , so got my brew on mega early …
First go with RO water and first time doing a cream ale.
3kg pale/750g maize/200g carapils/150g barley.
Hopped with Hallertau / US05.
OG 1.045

great to brew outside again. Gear clean and dry already !!!!🍻

Attachments

• 8E0DA1A9-5C96-47FD-9EAD-28FBD4027FB0.jpeg
    8E0DA1A9-5C96-47FD-9EAD-28FBD4027FB0.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back