What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not today but last Friday 24th September. I got a 30 bottle beaverdale merlot on the go and a Cooper's Australian lager with 1kg brewing sugar.

Just mashing a dark mild and this turned up
96B767B3-FE1D-4896-B8D1-E83FDDCFB2C9.jpeg
58CFB36E-5C49-42D5-B17F-3E43462DFAEA.jpeg

Brewed a 4.5l bitter yesterday og:1.045,
500g pilsner,
500g Maris Otter,
75 light crystal,
25 special X,

H'tau mittelfrueh 5g@60, 15g@30
Perle 8g@30,
Tettnang 10g@30

Verdant IPA

Ashbeck + 1g baking soda, 1g CaCl, 3g gypsum

Second brew in as many days. One of my favourites...batch 6 Tribute clone. I've gone back to Notty wilko for the yeast as I thought MJ liberty Bell wasn't quite right. Just about to mash in.

interesting you say that, because I made a bitter a while back with Liberty Bell and wasn't wild about the results, but as I mentioned upthread, it was again recommended for a different batch that I just brewed, so I've split the batch and pitched half with LB and half with S-04 to see which I prefer.

Hi Pilgrim i only brewed it because the mrs liked it on holiday, when we tried it side by side she prefared mine said it was less malty, it wasn't perfect but very close i will post a pic later i did post one last night

At home alone today, garden up to date, September group malt buy burning a hole......

23Ltr of Oktoberfest - Greg Hughes recipe with CML Hell yeast - I like Oktoberfest style for a Christmas lager
21ltr of Weissbier - Jon Finch recipe with CML Gretel yeast
4.5ltr of BD Pinot Noir
4.5ltr of SG Elderflower which I will bottle and carbonate as per a beer to give a prosecco style

Even managed to get all the cleaning up done before Mrs Slowdave arrived home

I bet that'll go off like a rocket!

It did Clint, temperature was a bit high too at 26 degrees.
Blow off tube was utilised the next day after airlock top blew off 🤣

Kegs and brew fridge conversion on the shopping list as soon as possible 😂

Latest posts

Back