What did you brew today?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Reaction score
Just kegged the dark mild yes I had a little taste I felt 16 again
E1A9A709-5D5B-429E-9AA3-7419647D7462.jpeg

Libigage

Regular.
Reaction score
Dark Rocks All Grain Cafe Espresso Stout, got an extra 1.5 litres in the FV. Instructions said OG 1061 approx. I got 1057, does that sound about right due to the extra 1.5 litres

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Reaction score
Mild seems to be the new trend on here, how many kegs have you got Rod. I just pulled the pin and bought another.
Mild is a beer I have only had commercial versions of on a handful of occasions so most of the Mild I drink is home brewed, but I can see why it has the potential to become more popular again, when made properly it is has good flavour/mouth feel and while it can be quite strong (I.e, Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild) it is mostly in the sub 4% range making it great for anyone trying to cut back a bit on how much alcohol they are drinking. It’s just a good all round session beer.

As for what I’m brewing its one gallon of Irish Red Ale (made using a CML kit).

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today I finished bottling my first ever split batch: I've tried two different yeasts with the same beer. So a face-off between Liberty Bell and S-04 (which I haven't used for ages). There was quite a difference in the fermentation; the S-04 went off like a train, and finished a bit sooner. At bottling, the S-04 set looked far clearer. Time will tell.