What did you brew today?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Stevieboy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Threw an Evil Dog DIPA in the FV last night - but for the first time used bottled water instead of tap water. (Tesco Ashbeck)

Rogerh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
23L of Best Bitter yesterday, had to brew something to start filling 3 new cornies to go in the new MJ Kegerator.

Craftman

Reaction score
Trying David Heath's 1% IPA recipe, figure it's worth a shot
IMG_20211007_142032.jpg

jof

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I shall mostly attempting my first AG wheat beer.

Just heating the mash water up now.
Looking at 2/3 pale malt to 1/3 wheat malt.
In the meantime I am thinking about what hops to use from my current stock

Libigage

Regular.
Reaction score
Dark Rocks All Grain Cafe Espresso Stout, got an extra 1.5 litres in the FV. Instructions said OG 1061 approx. I got 1057, does that sound about right due to the extra 1.5 litres

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mild seems to be the new trend on here, how many kegs have you got Rod. I just pulled the pin and bought another.
Mild is a beer I have only had commercial versions of on a handful of occasions so most of the Mild I drink is home brewed, but I can see why it has the potential to become more popular again, when made properly it is has good flavour/mouth feel and while it can be quite strong (I.e, Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild) it is mostly in the sub 4% range making it great for anyone trying to cut back a bit on how much alcohol they are drinking. It’s just a good all round session beer.

As for what I’m brewing its one gallon of Irish Red Ale (made using a CML kit).

Rodcx500z

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mild we got when i was a lad was chesters dark mild, and it had lots of flavour and if looked after by the land lord was a belting pint

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today I finished bottling my first ever split batch: I've tried two different yeasts with the same beer. So a face-off between Liberty Bell and S-04 (which I haven't used for ages). There was quite a difference in the fermentation; the S-04 went off like a train, and finished a bit sooner. At bottling, the S-04 set looked far clearer. Time will tell.

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently brewing my first Schwarzbier..pre boil gravity was a little short so got some boiling to do to catch up.
IMG_20211010_161452.jpg

Craftman

Reaction score
Your allowed to boil in the house I'd be shot water dripping from the walls and ceiling I can hear the screaming from here lol
Only a 30min boil so wasn't too bad - any longer and I would have had the door open