What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try that next time..
Anyway,all done og 1045 exactly as per recipe,bhe at 71.1%. Wort very clear and pale golden. Was aiming for a 2 brew day but got people round tonight....blah blah blah.

I'll try that next time..
Anyway,all done og 1045 exactly as per recipe,bhe at 71.1%. Wort very clear and pale golden. Was aiming for a 2 brew day but got people round tonight....blah blah blah.
Mmmm got you thinking hahaha.What style is that and what yeast are you using?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Brewed a Hoegaarden clone today. An A.G. kit from Brewolution. At ������£22ish not the cheapest kits but some of the best IMO.
Since it was a little bit out of date, I made a yeast starter yesterday in case it had died, giving me a chance to find a new packet. But I needn't have worried, it went off like a rocket.
I've brewed 3 kits from them before and they turned out to be the best 3 I've ever done.
Today's day started about 8.30 and finished 2.30 - 6 hours by the time I'm cleaned up. Happily, SWMBO went christmas shopping so - whoopie!! - I had the entire kitchen to myself..! A rare treat indeed..!
It's in the brewfridge now at 20degC :thumb:

First taste of this Hoegaarden clone now 10 days in. Excellent already! Very close to the original I'd say.
Checked SG. ((1.012) Transfered to a clean FV and put it back in the brew fridge for a few more days :thumb:

Been busy with bottling.

20171111_162050_HDR.jpg

Here is today's Hobgoblin clone recipe for 24L:

Maris Otter 4.9kg
Crystal 400g
Choc malt 150g
Dark unrefined sugar 500g

Herkules 13g @ 60m

Fuggles 15g @ 15m
First Gold 15g @ 15m

Intended to add the same hopping of F & FG @ 0 mins, but must have been distracted or something as they were still in a bowl as the GF emptied.

So, looks like a hop tea addition to get the length back out to the intended 25L.

On the plus side, got very good efficiency with the low-ish mass grain bill and maybe a hop tea or dry hop will get better hop flavour at the end.

Here is today's Hobgoblin clone recipe for 24L:

Maris Otter 4.9kg

Crystal 400g

Choc malt 150g

Dark unrefined sugar 500g

Herkules 13g @ 60m

Fuggles 15g @ 15m

First Gold 15g @ 15m

Intended to add the same hopping of F & FG @ 0 mins, but must have been distracted or something as they were still in a bowl as the GF emptied.

So, looks like a hop tea addition to get the length back out to the intended 25L.

On the plus side, got very good efficiency with the low-ish mass grain bill and maybe a hop tea or dry hop will get better hop flavour at the end.

That’s very light on the hops isn’t it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewed a bitter this afternoon, OG 1044, 25L, 29IBU's, bittered with Target and challenger/EKG at 10 mins. Pitched CML real ale yeast and will probably dry hop before kegging with a few grams of target and challenger. Hopefully turns out nice [emoji106]

Put a Christmas special on yesterday:

3 kg Maris Otter
250g Crystal 60L

18g Target 90 mins
30g orange peel 15 mins
20g ginger 15 mins
70g Hallertauer Hersbrucker 10 mins

500g honey post boil

WY3711 French saison

Followed by a HPA clone:

3.7kg Maris Otter
0.43 kg wheat

17g Magnum 90 mins
20g EKG 5 mins

Cultured Wye Valley yeast

I made a cream ale today. Cornflakes and table sugar in the grist, so quite cheap to make, especially as the OG was only1.035. Magnum for bittering and an equal mix of challenger and hallertau mittelfrauh for aroma at 1 min

I made a cream ale today. Cornflakes and table sugar in the grist, so quite cheap to make, especially as the OG was only1.035. Magnum for bittering and an equal mix of challenger and hallertau mittelfrauh for aroma at 1 min
What make of cornflakes are you using.
ta

Latest posts

Back