What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a 10 gallon Jaipur clone last night with grain and hops that I already had, just needed the WLP 007 to fulfil the ingredients

Attachments

• 532D6030-498F-447F-989D-56916691280D.png
    532D6030-498F-447F-989D-56916691280D.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 541AE671-83A4-4CCE-A272-3C89B2EEF758.png
    541AE671-83A4-4CCE-A272-3C89B2EEF758.png
    46 KB · Views: 217
I brewed this BIPA yesterday - grain bill was a bit of a user-uper and I cold steeped the roast grains for approx 24hrs and added an FO. Trying comet hops for the 1st time (smelled good) and now fermenting away with some Imperial Dry Hop yeast reclaimed from the previous brew: -

28L Batch
upload_2019-2-25_6-44-35.png

:cheers3:

Last edited:
It’s an in-service day for the schools up here so after a trip to the swimming baths this morning followed by lunch out, I have put on stag do brew 2 (I’m doing 2 batches for my mate’s stag do - number 1 was a Kolsch).

This is a very simple blonde ale. 3.4kg crisp clear choice pale and 1kg Vienna. 20g each of Simcoe and Citra for the last 10mins of the boil and that’s it.

It’s an in-service day for the schools up here so after a trip to the swimming baths this morning followed by lunch out, I have put on stag do brew 2 (I’m doing 2 batches for my mate’s stag do - number 1 was a Kolsch).

This is a very simple blonde ale. 3.4kg crisp clear choice pale and 1kg Vienna. 20g each of Simcoe and Citra for the last 10mins of the boil and that’s it.
Both stag beers in the beer fridge - one fermenting and one carbonating
F79EB5AB-48B9-4DE5-BB48-BEFD99FF2820.jpeg

Change of plans today - stopping in so I’ve decided to take advantage and make an impromptu APA :
Pale malt
Citra
Mosaic
Using M44

You gotta love brew days !

Another ferocious fermentation - M44 is an animal ! I’ve got a blow tube on and I fear the bottle may be a tad full tonight.
The lid looks like it’s about to pop off the FV !

Orange zest & corriander pale ale mashing now.
Trying a split of 50% Ashbeck spring and tap water for the first time. Our tap water is getting up to 240ppm CaCO3 now. The CRS addition was getting ridiculous.
It was only 180ppm when I first started basic water treatment 6 months ago.

My water is 267ppm... Used 34mls of CRS in my bitter yesterday (for 28L of water)! Hopefully won't end tasting like phosphoric acid. Previous beers have come out well using Brupaks CRS and DLS though so not worried.
Bitter was 3.5kg Golden Promise, 150g each of caramalt and torrified wheat, 100g pale crystal. Mashed @ 68C. Bittered with 12g Endeavour @60 mins, 10g each of Endeavour and EKG @ 10 mins. Might do a small EKG dry hop, will see how it tastes when clear. 19 litres fermenting with Wyeast 1318 at whatever temp my spare room is!

My water is 267ppm... Used 34mls of CRS in my bitter yesterday (for 28L of water)! Hopefully won't end tasting like phosphoric acid. Previous beers have come out well using Brupaks CRS and DLS though so not worried.
Bitter was 3.5kg Golden Promise, 150g each of caramalt and torrified wheat, 100g pale crystal. Mashed @ 68C. Bittered with 12g Endeavour @60 mins, 10g each of Endeavour and EKG @ 10 mins. Might do a small EKG dry hop, will see how it tastes when clear. 19 litres fermenting with Wyeast 1318 at whatever temp my spare room is!
Even higher than ours then. I usually do pales which should be around 20ppm, I still had to add 20mls CRS even with 50% Ashbeck.
Bloody sparge water heater packed up today. Tried a cold water sparge and it's not gone well. Pre boil of 1034 (should be 1044), I'll add 30mins to the boil and put 500g of honey for the last ten mins.

GH’s Cornish Tin Miners Ale.
About to Mash.

Got to bottle up my APA in between this , clean and sanitise FV for the former .

A brewers life ...

Towards the end of last year I got a bottle of Crew Republic (Munich) "Drunken Sailor" in a lucky dip box of 24 beers (short dated) for 24 euros from Saveur Bière. Liked it so much I knocked up an experimental batch of 2 gallons from the ingredients list on the bottle and website. Making a full 6 gallon batch this morning.
AIPA, by the way.

Last edited:
Got 10l of a TT Landlord clone on last night, all went to plan apart from a slightly higher than planned OG (the recipe called for a 90min boil, but I normally only do an hour so I had to guess on the volumes a bit).

Also first time using a liquid yeast, Wyeast 1469 Yorkshire Ale, smacked last night and pitched this morning after the wort had cooled fully in the FV overnight (really need to finish my DIY immersion chiller project!)

Back