What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have to let me know if the BX and SG combo works out I'm intrigued.
It’s something that in theory I think should work, but mostly doing as I have them on hand and thought why not might be an absolute disaster (though more more likely just kind of mediocre) or if I’m lucky might be decent at the end of the day though Saisons are such cheap beers to make that I’m happy to try it and see. But will post an update in about six weeks when it’s ready to drink.

Well today I decided it was time for another Saison but decided to go for something at least somewhat sessionable.

Grain Bill
1.6KG Pilsner
0.2KG Vienna
.1KG Wheat

Hops
20g Bramling Cross 4.5AA 30 Minutes 21 IBU
10g Bramling Cross 4.5AA 5 Minutes 2.75 IBU
10g Styrian Golding 4.2AA 5 Minutes 2.56IBU

When you say, wheat, is that flaked wheat, torrified wheat, or wheat malt, please?

Bit of a late post for a pseudo märzen I brewed yesterday using Skare kveik. By first thing this morning it was bubbling away nicely and seems to have ripped right through it. A surprise addition the mash was a piece of 1/2 inch tubing I found after lifting out the grain bag, so far this doesn't seem to have had too much of an effect.
Batch size 7.5l
Target/measured OG: 1.056/1.049
Boil 60, mash 60 @68C
Grist
Munich 2 - 48.4%
Vienna - 48.4%
Caraaroma - 3.2%
Hops
Tettnang 10g @60
H'tau Mittelfrueh 7g@15min
Misc
Protafloc & yeast nutrient in last 15 minutes of the boil
Water
Ashbeck with 2g CaCl and 1.5g baking soda
Yeast
#41 Skare dry kveik, rehydrated in ~100ml of the first runnings, fermented at ~30C for a week and a half then allow to cool to room temp before kegging.

Attachments

• IMG-20210418-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20210418-WA0003.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 77
My first brewday completed, without too much complications. I brewed the hefeweisen kit from malt miller. The Grainfather app's water calculation was far too much, so I had to add 20 minutes to the boil to get even close to the desired OG, and despite the lots of rice hulls I've used, the grain bill was still a bit small for the normal pipework in the GF, so next time I'll try with the micro pipework. I quite like my new hobby.☺️

Some people may not want to write out a full brewday report but just say what they brewed.

So what did you brew today?

I made a 'bit's and bobs stout' to use up the odds and ends of grain I had
Coopers Lager with a partial mash of pale, choc & black malt, hersbrucker & saaz, possibly a schwarzbier?

Just setting up for Pennine SAISON!
Couple of slight subs...pale male instead of pilsner as I need the pilsner for a...pilsner,and cashmere for Idaho 7 as I couldn't get the 7.

Just mashing an amber lager to go in the pinter.

This week i bottled a Sierra Nevada clone and an as yet to be named english ipa, which came out at 6.3% because nottingham is a workhorse.

Well the sun was out and I had one final dry malt extract BIAB brew to make so I decided to run an extention cable outside to the patio to use my Buffalo boiler and brew in the sun. Seems to have gone quite well I think I am a few points down on the recipe but that's not the end of the world for this one it's a Greg Hughes IPA and seems close enough it smells amazing.

Was lovely doing it outside in the sun though I don't think I've done the last of this.

I say last BIAB as it's finally time to unleash my Brewzilla next brewday after watching the vids again. I am between jobs until hopefully September (out of choice I had to get out and have a long break) so once I get comfortable with the Brewzilla I've got quite a few lined up - Timothy Taylor, Old Speckled Hen, Doombar clones for a start.

Was glorious today and a great way to relax and enjoy the sun.

Well the sun was out and I had one final dry malt extract BIAB brew to make so I decided to run an extention cable outside to the patio to use my Buffalo boiler and brew in the sun. Seems to have gone quite well I think I am a few points down on the recipe but that's not the end of the world for this one it's a Greg Hughes IPA and seems close enough it smells amazing.

Was lovely doing it outside in the sun though I don't think I've done the last of this.

I say last BIAB as it's finally time to unleash my Brewzilla next brewday after watching the vids again. I am between jobs until hopefully September (out of choice I had to get out and have a long break) so once I get comfortable with the Brewzilla I've got quite a few lined up - Timothy Taylor, Old Speckled Hen, Doombar clones for a start.

Was glorious today and a great way to relax and enjoy the sun.
Good times ahead over the next few months, I'm envious. Sounds like you have plans to make the most of your chosen break. :smallcheers:

Brewed an American ipa last night but as usual nothing went to plan
Hadn’t planned to brew but wife went out so made the most of it.
Forgot to add a campden tablet to mash water
Also forgot to add water additions
Got water to mash temp and mashed in 8kg grain covered boiler and left to take youngest to the Chinese as my wife never fed her before she left 🙄
Returned to find I hadn’t set the boiler and mash temp was 59c (I biab)
Mashed out and started boil
Realised I had no prorofloc tablets left.
Boiled and transferred to fermenter on top of last yeast cake and turb for the first time to see how it went.
Left fridge set at 20c
Came back from work to find inkbird reading 26c
Forgot to plug in the cooling side but remembered to plug in the heater 🙄
Let’s hope this ends up a damm good beer.

MYO APA number 2 - the first one is slipping down smoother than an otter off the bank. I only bought the first one to give garden guests but it’s so good I want more. Ill end up selling my Hopcat at this rate!

I did my first brew of 2021 yesterday afternoon - my house APA. Everything went smoothly (except forgetting about my 10min addition until 5mins later)

2.5kg each of Crisp Vienna and Crafty Pop’s Ale Malt.

30g Falconer’s Flight 15mins
35g 10mins
85g flame out

Pressure ferment with BRY-97.
A2BD7B7B-AFF5-40DF-9295-D400A473F164.jpeg
6782056F-CE2F-49F8-8BE0-65A15A6C776A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back