What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian Tripel
5.5 kg Belgian pilsner
200g biscuit malt
1kg clear Candi sugar @ 10 mins

30g Magnum FWH
15g Styrian Golding's@ 15 mins
20g Styrian Golding's @5mins
4g crushed coriander seeds@5mins

OG 1.084
Yeast WLP 550

Just kegged the dark mild yes I had a little taste I felt 16 again
E1A9A709-5D5B-429E-9AA3-7419647D7462.jpeg

Dark Rocks All Grain Cafe Espresso Stout, got an extra 1.5 litres in the FV. Instructions said OG 1061 approx. I got 1057, does that sound about right due to the extra 1.5 litres

Mild seems to be the new trend on here, how many kegs have you got Rod. I just pulled the pin and bought another.
Mild is a beer I have only had commercial versions of on a handful of occasions so most of the Mild I drink is home brewed, but I can see why it has the potential to become more popular again, when made properly it is has good flavour/mouth feel and while it can be quite strong (I.e, Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild) it is mostly in the sub 4% range making it great for anyone trying to cut back a bit on how much alcohol they are drinking. It’s just a good all round session beer.

As for what I’m brewing its one gallon of Irish Red Ale (made using a CML kit).

Today I finished bottling my first ever split batch: I've tried two different yeasts with the same beer. So a face-off between Liberty Bell and S-04 (which I haven't used for ages). There was quite a difference in the fermentation; the S-04 went off like a train, and finished a bit sooner. At bottling, the S-04 set looked far clearer. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Back