What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, did you put just the star anise in the boil @10, and then the cinnamon and nutmeg in the primary when you pitched?
Just making sure I'm reading your recipe right - my instinct is to put all the spices in the last 10mins of the boil...

All in @5 mate or @10 I cant remember, it didnt go on the fv.

First brew on in ages. Went with a pale ale.

60% chevalier
33% barke pils
7% light crystal

Us05 , forgot to order live yeast last week. Wanted to use wlp007
Step mash for attenuation

Admiral and eldorado hops to about 50ibu. Got good clarity prior to transferring it to the fermentorView attachment 54470
I am SO jealous of that amazingly clear wort - is that after chilling? Mine always looks like scrambled egg with the cold break....

Festive ale after the boil - looks about the right colour... spices are there but not excessive.
I thought I'd undershot the OG but it went up a couple of points after giving the FV a good stir. I’ve noticed that before, too…
Decided to use S-04 because I had some handy and it’s now in the fridge at 15°C
A33EFDAB-E29B-4689-86D8-059DE8FB4D53.jpeg

@pilgrimhudd festive inspired festive ale 🍺 today!
Why does someone have to come to the door when I’m at the weighing out suspicious white powder stage 😂🤣
View attachment 55723
Various sized packets of white powder,
Fine measurement scales,
Mortar and pestle (love it),
Stainless teaspoon.
Can't see the problem.
Add a burner and bacofoil and perhaps a syringe/needle and tourniquet - then they've got good reason to be concerned. 😜

I’ve got a bitter on mashing at the moment.

3.1kg MO
300g crystal
I was meant to use 350g golden syrup as well but I forgot to buy it at Tesco this morning so I’m sticking in the rest of a bottle of maple syrup and 200g caster sugar.

40g 5.6AA fuggles for 60mins
25g 4AA Willamette

London Ale III

I brewed an AG Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, which I've brewed before using my 11L stock pot, brewing short and liquored back to give me 12L. This time I used my Klarstein Maischfest and got the same OG as before (1044) while hitting the 12L volume into the FV too. Very satisfying brewday. 😬

Only difference this time was that I added 50g of Cocoa nibs during the boil. Last time I only added them after the 3rd day of fermentation. I'm hoping that using them in the boil, and during fermentation, will give more chocolate flavour, as my previous batch wasn't as chocolate-y as I wanted (still delicious though!).

Brew day done. Few minor mishaps. The Challenger hops I was going to use for bittering didn't exist (note to self: update spreadsheet). Luckily I had over ordered on EKG.

Missed the alarm for end of boil too so the 15 minute addition was more like 20 and the extra few minutes may have contributed to OG being 3 points over.

No matter though. Wort looks good and tastes good at this stage. In the fridge at 19C ready to go.

Latest posts

Back