What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the mash on for another attempt at a Neipa
3kg pilsner
2kg Maris otter
500 wheat
1kg oats

Hops I have 100g Simcoe, 100g talus, 150g citra. I haven't worked out a schedule yet but it's looking like a 80g hops stand @80 degrees. The rest will be dry hop, not sure weather to split or just one dry hop at the end.
Verdant IPA yeast
Might order some Talus.

Currently brewing a Golden ale hopped with Ernest and crystal and will be fermented with CML Clipper.
IMG_20211121_182446.jpg

Was a bit cold this morning so had a change as i do in the winter months, nipped up to wilko came back with 4 kits 4kg of dme and 7 packs of gervin, first kit done Red devil swapped the yeast for cml four 1kg of dme 400g dark sugar brewed short to 20L, think i might need to get 2 more kegs

10 litres of a Belgian Tripel
1600g MO
1000g Lager malt
260g Wheat malt
160g Rolled oats
350g Dextrose @10m
15g Northern Brewer @60m
15g Tettnang @15m
MJ M31 yeast at 24C
OG 1082

A one gallon batch of ‘Stoutly Mild’ (all grain kit from Crossmyloof)

From what I can see this is a Mild which includes a wee bit of roasted barley, either way ot was a nicely put together kit. Only issue is that since I added a 15 minute dunk sparge my efficiency has started jumping a lot (on this occasion 83% instead of the 65% I was expecting) so this will be a tad stronger than I was planning on.

Not today but at the weekend: 25 litres of Rochefort 10 clone.

4 day lag.... But finally today I have beautiful foamy activity on the surface and characteristic booze smell. I know it's a big beer but my anxiety on this brewday has been unreal. I used 3 smack packs of wyeast, none of which inflated after 24 hours, then made a 2L starter with them which also didnt look like it was doing much. Pitched that mofo anyway and spent the last 4 days sweating like a nun in a dildo factory. Not used 1762 before, is it always this slow to get going?

Not today but at the weekend: 25 litres of Rochefort 10 clone.

4 day lag.... But finally today I have beautiful foamy activity on the surface and characteristic booze smell. I know it's a big beer but my anxiety on this brewday has been unreal. I used 3 smack packs of wyeast, none of which inflated after 24 hours, then made a 2L starter with them which also didnt look like it was doing much. Pitched that mofo anyway and spent the last 4 days sweating like a nun in a dildo factory. Not used 1762 before, is it always this slow to get going?
Can you post the recipe if you don't mind 👍

Can you post the recipe if you don't mind 👍
5kg pilsner
5kg pale malt
500g light crystal
300g special B
300g chocolate
500g dark candi sugar (boil)

28 IBU styrian goldings targeting a BU/GU ratio of 0.3

Measured OG 1.096

Latest posts

Back