What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else brewing this fine morning? I’m just starting on a Brewdog Elvis Juice clone - should be tasty! 😁

Sadly not. Planning to brew tomorrow. The inaugural run of the Brewzilla. Will probably make a London Pride-ish bitter if I have the ingredients kicking about. Otherwise it will be a pale ale.

Last edited by a moderator:
AG 99
Spring Time Ale

Spring is upon us and its time to brew up a nice ale for quenching my thirst after a hards days work in the garden. Also using up the last of my stocks, so its what i had left......

3.5kg Maris Otter
200gm crystal 145ebc

20l mash at 65C for 90mins, and a 3l 'dunked in a bucket for 10 mins' sparge
Leaving 21l wort for a 60 minute boil and 17l in the FV. Liquored back to 20l

Hops
10gm admiral @30min
20gm admiral @5min
30gm pilgrim @5min

bang on with an OG of 1.041 and 20l
Yeast
mangrove jacks M36 liberty bell rescued from ag96
expecting 32IBUs, 4.0% abv and colour 7SRM.

Need to think of something special for my next HB order - as it will be my 100th all grain brew!!!

ive got one of those planned. Keep us up to date on how it goes. Was going to brew today ( tropical pale) but have put it off Until tomorrow!
Certainly shall! What’s the thread etiquette around these parts - post the recipe and progress on this one or start a new thread?

Just brewed a stout, easy brew day. Mashed in this afternoon, finished tonight

5kg Maris otter
500g chocolate
300g Cara Munich 2
200g special B
200g black malt

30 min boil
30g Magnum@FWH
30g EKG@5mins

Yeast CML Beoir

Ooooh interesting! Something from Mitch’s book?
No, it's a recipe from either Shut up about Barkley Perkins or Edd's old site, which I've modified to suit my setup over the years. Basically, the sugar / malt proportions are the same as are the target colour and IBU but the hops bear no relation to the original (although the timings do). So, I guess it isn't historical at all. :laugh8:

The Brewday' ended in disaster with a blocked kettle drain and lots of farting about so I'll be amazed if I end up with drinkable beer, let alone decent beer, unfortunately.

Anchor steam clone 21litres
OG 1.050 ABV 5% IBU 43 SRM 10.7 Mash pH 5.5

New Zealand Ale Malt 86.5%
J White Medium Crystal 9% (late addition)
Gladiator Malt 4.5%

Hops. Northern Brewer.
45 g 7 AA @ 60 mins
30 g 7 AA @ 15 mins
25 g 7 AA @ 0 mins

002.JPG 003.JPG

Tucked away in fermenting room next to my stout.
004.JPG

Thinking on doing an American pale this weekend coming. I am looking to use Sabro and mosaic. My question is to what ratio will I go with the hops
The grain bill will straight forward enough. Extra pale, Vienna and and wheat malt, Pia yeast from CML
Any advice is welcome, my IPA/ pale ales seem to lack hop aroma. My equipment is basic so no pressure fermenter

Thinking on doing an American pale this weekend coming. I am looking to use Sabro and mosaic. My question is to what ratio will I go with the hops
The grain bill will straight forward enough. Extra pale, Vienna and and wheat malt, Pia yeast from CML
Any advice is welcome, my IPA/ pale ales seem to lack hop aroma. My equipment is basic so no pressure fermenter

100 g mosaic in dry hop should help with that.

How much hops did you use
5G magnum at 60. Then 35g mosaic at 10. Currently doing a hop stand of 50g each of citra and equanot lupomax hops at 75c for 20 mins. I will dry hop with same dose as hop stand.

this gets good flavour and aroma. However Aroma only lasts for a week or two though. Still working on longevity on that

Back