What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a Saison atm. Flying by the **** of my pants somewhat I just sort of threw a recipe together which is mostly pilsner malt with a touch of pale, and Mandarina Bavaria hops. The yeast is CML Wallonia, which I am unsure how it attenuates, hence the grain bill is fairly small and I will figure out post boil whether to adjust up with DME.

I'm brewing to around 5% these days. I want something I can have a few of on a nice day, not a 7%, two and your on wobbly legs type deal.

Brewing a Saison atm. Flying by the **** of my pants somewhat I just sort of threw a recipe together which is mostly pilsner malt with a touch of pale, and Mandarina Bavaria hops. The yeast is CML Wallonia, which I am unsure how it attenuates, hence the grain bill is fairly small and I will figure out post boil whether to adjust up with DME.

I'm brewing to around 5% these days. I want something I can have a few of on a nice day, not a 7%, two and your on wobbly legs type deal.
Brewed my first saison a month or so back and really liking the style I went pilsner and wakatu hops lovely and dry with a lime taste.

Big Bold looking good:
big1.jpeg

11 litres @1044 OG = 72% BHE, pleased with that.

Haven’t tasted it yet but I ended up with 92.47% Attenuation using CML Wallonia a tad lower than Belle Saison but still pretty high attenuation.

Haven’t tasted it yet but I ended up with 92.47% Attenuation using CML Wallonia a tad lower than Belle Saison but still pretty high attenuation.
I'm glad I kept the grainbill reasonably small. Once the boil was done I did a wee adjustment up to 1.048 with 300g of DME, as I felt that would give me something I would be happy enough with at either end of the attenuation scale.

Evening brewday for another Belgian Pale. This one's for a Comp so will be more malt forward , more in the style of De Koninck Bolleke
IMG_20220510_175546.jpg

Mrs sorted me some dinner while it's coming up to boil..good timing ready just as sparge finished
IMG_20220510_191703.jpg

Good brew day, finished a couple of points down at 1.046
IMG_20220510_211325.jpg

Last edited:
Dry hopped my Cascade and Citra pale ale tonight ( a bottle of which will be heading to Cornwall for this months competiton ) finished at 1.010, a couple of points lower than predicted and 80% attenution.
Nice clear sample, tasted and smelt lovely. I went for fewer IBU's at 60 mins and upped the late boil/hopstand, to hopefully get a bit more of an in your face hop flavour/aroma.
Looking forward to kegging/bottling this after the weekend !

Had an out of date can of Black Rock (NZ) Miners stout put it in a pan with 8l water and a 1.7kg pouch of MJ dark malt (unhopped) and 450g of an ood Golden Syrup. Boiled for 10 minutes with 16g Challenger. Had an og of 1.046, added harvested Wyeast 1028. Thinking do I stick 60g of oak in there, works for wine but don't hear much about oaking beer the same way.

Busy day,

IPA
3.5kg extra pale Maris otter
1kg Vienna
500g wheat

5g magnum@fwh (short boil 30 mins )
40g Sabro + 75g mosaic @90min hopstand

OG 1.060
Yeast will be verdant

Second brew is mashing

Rye IPA

3kg Rye