What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't brew as such, but bottled my first wine... got 27 bottles ... and ran out of tops :roll:
:groupdancing:

IMG_6937.jpeg
IMG_6938.jpeg
IMG_6939.jpeg

Pinot Gris, WinExpert kit. Really impressed with the quality.

23 litres of Kolsch
4200g Pilsner malt
350g Munich light
200g carapils
60 minute boil
30g EKG @60m
15g Saaz @ 15m
30g HH @20m hopstand at 85C
CML Kolsch yeast @ 16C
OG 1048 BHE 73%

Brew 47, unusually a Tuesday morning brewday.. did a Citra and Cascade pale ale, 30 minute boil with 50/50 Citra/Cascade all added at flameout. Pale malt, crystal and oats.

During the mash I also bottled the previous batch, a dry hopped Chinook-Cascade pale and kept the trub plus dry hop sediment to use as a starter.

Pitched onto the old yeast and dry hops.. Fermenting away with an hour or two, smells amazing with the old dry hops in the primary fermentation. Then went to work 🤣

Brewed another Saison, made some adjustments after getting feedback from the LAB competition

3kg pilsner
500g Vienna
500g wheat
300g sugar @10mins

Short 30 min boil
20g Nelson sauvin@10mins
30g Nelson sauvin@flameout

Using wyeast french saison 3711, I mashed low. I will ferment at 24 to get more yeast character in the beer. I might do a small dry hop depending how the sample tastes as at the end
OG 1.050

Last edited:
Todays's plan was to bottle my Big Bold IPA (recipe courtesy @Nick90). However, I can hear an occasional 'plink' from the corner of the room, so there is still some air-lock activity. Gravity is still hanging around 1013. I don't generally find fermentation still continuing in my beers at this point. This has been 11 days (5 in bucket, 6 in demi-johns) of fermentation, but I reckon I ought to leave it at least another couple of days before bottling.

More generally, I have (as I imagine most of you guys have) a few 'trusted favourites' recipe that can be relied on. I really should stick to those 80% of the time. It's fun to try new things, but even if they are successful, the style may not be that appealing. With that in mind, my next brew will probably be another Grey Sheep, and the schwartzbier I was planning can wait till later.

Auora/Saaz Saison

I’ve used this combination often and it seems to work for my taste, grain bill (for 11L) is 2KG of Pilsner and .1 KG Carapils, and a little honey all being well should come in at about 1.045 and ferment down to about 1.003/1.004 or so using CML Wallonia.

Busy day,

IPA
3.5kg extra pale Maris otter
1kg Vienna
500g wheat

5g magnum@fwh (short boil 30 mins )
40g Sabro + 75g mosaic @90min hopstand

OG 1.060
Yeast will be verdant

Second brew is mashing

Rye IPA

3kg Rye
1kg Maris
1kg Vienna
200g cara red

10g magnum@fwh
20g simcoe@10mins
30g Simcoe, 20g Sabro, 50g mosaic @hopstand

Yeast CML Pia

Time for a beer 🍻

Did/are you dry hopping these beauties?

Home alone again today so thought I would get a brew on.
A patersbier
3.4 kg of pilsner malt
2.2 kg pale ale malt
30 saaz 60 min
20 halletaur 10 mins
Yeast will be cml monk - Trappist ale
Changed the helleatur to 30 saaz as it was what I had left in the bag
Was a user upper brew all in all

Back