What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't you just chuck half a litre of so of water in it?
Alas already pitched the yeast, but honestly worst case I am probably still only looking at 4.1% and with the amount of crystal malt and the fairly high mash temperature I am optimistic that it may still be below 4% even if it is not the ideal 3.3% that I was aiming for.

Not long since kegged my NEIPA. Only 7 days old but it needed to come off the hops. I think it’s going to be one of the nicest things I’ve ever made, and I’m heartbroken I can’t send any out as my tapcooler broke yesterday after only 14 months. Fuming.

4A79BDFB-A473-41DB-B1D4-250BB1801B64.jpeg
6B1C8B2D-BF7B-49B4-96AB-99E532560452.jpeg
2CF135F0-1508-4E5A-8F88-106C0926C396.jpeg

Brewed a Saison today and had a mare, didn’t realise until the boil that I’d mashed in with the boil volume and wondered why I was 4ltrs short, then when I was getting the temperature down to 80 for the whirlpool didn’t have the hose in the kettle when I put the pump on, garage floor full of wort. Then I was going to sort of open ferment and wasn’t watching so the fermentor was full of trub. Decided to rack into me new fermzilla, and it’s off after only a 4 hrs👍

3EFB2DEB-EF0E-48CB-8176-4B98A2301B27.jpeg

IMG_20220807_152704.jpg

Brewed an American Pale ale yesterday called Moose Knuckle. A simple recipe of just Maris Otter with Cascade and Centennial hops. Came out super pale and hit the numbers perfectly at 1.054.
Using about 60% RO water really has sorted my mash pH issues which has improved efficiency no end.

Finally, a day when everything goes to plan!
Session IPA, brewed, cleaned, sanatised and everything packed away by 11:30. Efficiency coming out at 87% but I may have measured something wrong there as usually achieve 80-82 on a good day.
… and my lemon drop chillies are finally turning yellow… perhaps not one for this thread.

Was going to go for a big brew today, but have been slightly put off by the weather; it's a bit warm! Not ideal if you have no cooling facilities. I'm thinking it might be better to do a quick low-tech weiss today, and leave the more delicate bitters until next week whwen it's a bit cooler.

A dark IPA.... golden promise / bohemian pilsner / dark crystal malt and then cascade hops and Mangrove Jack's New World Strong Ale Yeast (M42). OG was 1.069. Have made this recipe a couple of times now....just varying the hops from batch to batch. Last one was Amerillo. Generally get 82% attenuation so about 7.8% ABV.

Nice clear wort....just a bit worried how it will fare in coming heatwave@

Attachments

• 20220809_182025.jpg
    20220809_182025.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
Left mine to free rise in the garage and it’s getting close to the maximum temperature range, you can tell the days have got hotter each day.. Hopefully it’ll be ok.

36050A72-5E3F-4880-857F-445A675BD7C5.jpeg

Started a TC, went on holiday to the Cotswolds a month or so back and along with a bottle of Prosecco the Host left us a bottle of Pineapple and Raspberry cider, to say it was nice is an understatement so decided to make my own so started it today
3 ltrs Apple juice
1 ltr Pineapple juice
1x 350g pack frozen Raspberries. (Added 500mls water and simmered for 5 mins then put through sieve)
75g sugar
1 tsp Tannin
1 tsp Citric Acid
1.5 tsp pectolase
1 tsp nutrient
Gervin Cider Yeast GV13
SG 1.052 so should be about 6.68% ABV
Should be ready to bottle in about 4 to 6 weeks
Here's hoping it turns out good🤞
😎😎

Mild, one of my favourite beers, and my first time at trying to do a full 23L batch, recipe wise I am using the Greg Hughes recipe although subbing the Mild malt with Vienna and upping the grain bill a tad to compensate for my lowish efficiency. Yeast wise the plan is to use Voss not sure how this is going to turn out as previous batches I used London III but with the high temperatures forecast for next week I reckon it is a lower risk than using a more conventional yeast but will just have to wait and see.
Just done my second batch of that. Blooming marvellous beer and does not last long.

Enjoy.

Back