What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got an American Pale / American Wheat hybrid on the go. It’s 40% wheat malt, but is too hoppy for an American wheat and I used 25% Vienna.

40% wheat
25% Vienna
35% pilsner

Mash at 65

20g Norther Brewer 60mins
20g each Simcoe and Cascade BBC at 5 mins
30g each Simcoe and Cascade BBC at Flameout
50g each Skicoe and Cascade BBC dry hop.

ferment at 18C with BRY-97View attachment 24098
Kids desperate for me to be finished meant in accidentally pitched yeast at 30C because I’d forgotten that, although the boiler said it was 23C the heat distribution would be uneven because my chiller is too small. It’s in the new fridge now so hopefully it’ll get down to 20 before the yeast kicks off

Last edited:
I would say all will be well
Sitting at 24.5 now so I’m more relaxed, should be within range by the time the yeast is ready to go.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Just brewing a simple SMASH lager today.
While I empty the last of my lager to free up a keg for my brown ale.

Such a hard life.

I am brewing Festival Golden Stag IPA, fingers crossed, we are out of isolation before it's done. Still got 20 bottles of my mangrove jack grapefruit IPA to go plus odds and soda of other brews.

Cleaning out a cupboard the other day I found an 8 year out of date Ginger Beer kit (sachets of yeast and ginger). The yeast did bugger all but the ginger still smelt and tasted fine so rep itched some bread yeast(want wasting precious beer making stocks) and it took off like a rocket.
Its in a 2l pet bottle now requiring twice hourly pressure checks. I'll stick it in the shed later!

Cleaning out a cupboard the other day I found an 8 year out of date Ginger Beer kit (sachets of yeast and ginger). The yeast did bugger all but the ginger still smelt and tasted fine so rep itched some bread yeast(want wasting precious beer making stocks) and it took off like a rocket.
Its in a 2l pet bottle now requiring twice hourly pressure checks. I'll stick it in the shed later!

:laugh8: Maybe put a few sandbags around it!

Just got this hoppy pale ale on - 29L @ 1.049

First time trying the incognito and the jury is out. Horrible sticky stuff

Screenshot_20200407-182426.jpg

Screenshot_20200407-182449.jpg

20200407_173238.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got to try out my new Klarstein boiler last nightathumb..
Went for my favourite, a nice strong Porter.

4kg Marris Otter pale malt
1.5kg Brown malt
500g medium crystal malt
250g Chocolate malt
Mashed 60min@67’C, boiled 70mins
40g Fuggles @ start of boil, another 28g at the end.
Ended up with 23l, SG 1.07 (I was aiming for 1.06ish).
Pitched S04 Crossmyloof English ale yeast@28’
Well I was finally able to put this Porter in a slightly modified king keg (pressure gauge fitted and leak tested) this morning. Pressure now rising nicely.
111108E3-AC6F-445C-9E3F-D46058E2EDB4.jpeg

Er... not sure why this photo is laying on its side... can’t seem to make it sit up. The beer must be stronger than I thought.

The Otter clone is good and very near to the original. This is probably the 6th time I've made it. Better in kegs than bottles. I usually aroma hop with EKG but thought I'd give Bramling cross a go.

I went for a red pale ale. Sort of trying to use up some spare grain and hops.
2.5kg pilsner
800 red X
500 g Munich
200 g crystal 20
Going to use 100g of cascade and 100g of sorachi ace
15 g of each 15min
25g if each flame out
50g of each dry hop @ day 10
Pia yeast.

I’ve had another go at a turbo cider tonight. My first attempt at an apple and pineapple cider was a disaster but I’m pretty sure I know why so Turbo Cider Mk2: Apple and mango 🥭. Tried this at my local ‘Spoons as Happy Monkey cider, I thought it was ok but the boss said she loved it, so...
8l co-op fresh pressed apple and mango juice
1l co-op fp apple juice
1/2 cup of bloody strong tea
1tsp yeast nutrient
1tsp pectolase
5g Gervin cider yeast.
4hrs in and it’s started bubbling.
If I don’t get this one at least drinkable she says I’m fired and she’ll find a more talented and capable man to get her through lockdown. Point taken.
Although it’s just occurred to me she might not be talking about my skills as a brewer...

Thanks Cheshire Cat...that's on the list!
Today I'm knocking up a couple of kits to get some brews on quickly as I'd let my stocks dwindle ..
Brew2Bottle order just arrived safe and sound,thanks B2B...so it's the Festival Razorback and Pilgrims Hope.
A bit of drama to start...I was giving the fv a good shake during the oxi clean with my finger over the airlock hole and the pressure popped the lid...at least the floor's clean now!
What a doddle...except for pushing the lid grommet on one into the bucket when fitting the blow off tube...what a knob! I had a spare...just hope the one in the bucket doesn't make it go off!
Malt Miller arrived bang on time too with 24hr delivery...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back