What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally Tropical. Wyeast 1056 pitched 5 days ago, FG now sitting at 1.012. Brew fridge is sitting at 16C but fermenter temp is 20C. Looks like the yeast is still hungry! Will be working away tail end of this week, so plan is cold crash Friday night and bottle on Monday.

IMG_1343.jpeg

do you get sulfur from notty? its been a while since i have used it last and i cant remember if i have gotten sulfur before and if it fades over time? i do have quite a bit of it in a recent batch.

If you got sulphur from notty it's more likely you somehow stressed it. But Notty is an absolute workhorse and abused it in several ways but never got sulphur from it

Batch no.50 tonight🎉

Saison 15 l batch

Pilsner malt 65.5%
Wheat malt 21.5%
Vienna 3.4%
Acidulated Malt 1.5%
Table Sugar 8%

Perle 60min 12g 17 ibu
Perle 15min 6g 4 ibu
Sorachi Ace- 15 min 6g 7 ibu
Sorachi Ace- - flameout 48g 4 ibu

Wyeast 3724 Belgian saison

If you got sulphur from notty it's more likely you somehow stressed it. But Notty is an absolute workhorse and abused it in several ways but never got sulphur from it
i think im hyper sulfur sensitive. it was gone after day 6 in the fermenter. i remember getting it a little in other batches before but it never shows up after bottling. i rehydrated a full pack in 11litres and kept it at 17c the whole time so i am not sure if its stressed, possibly an overpitch but i always do this.

it is a workhorse and was ready for bottling after 8 days in the fermenter. tastes great too.

i think im hyper sulfur sensitive. it was gone after day 6 in the fermenter. i remember getting it a little in other batches before but it never shows up after bottling. i rehydrated a full pack in 11litres and kept it at 17c the whole time so i am not sure if its stressed, possibly an overpitch but i always do this.

it is a workhorse and was ready for bottling after 8 days in the fermenter. tastes great too.

You could well be hyper sensitive to sulfur. Most yeast (I think possibly all) produce sulfur during fermentation but the C02 produced pushes almost all of it out of the beer so most people wont notice it unless it's above their personal detection level

Going to brew a Vienna IPA inspired by @Hazelwood Brewery
5kg Vienna
300g torrified wheat
500g sugar @10 mins.
125g of mosiac & 125 g of Simcoe, I haven't worked out the time because I haven't got that far yet. I will up date 😉
Currently mashing at 64
now you have me thinking about a vienna lager, even though you said ipa.

Elderflower wheat
Kg : 2.2 pale, 2.2 wheat, yellow full water profile from Bru n Water,
1/2 hour boil 8.3g columbus +5g simcoe @ 30, 25g of cascade + 130g of just the flowers prongled off the stalks at 80c for 20 minutes.
OG 1.047 23 litres. IBU: 25. Boom.

40c with kveik when it's cooled. A gallon with kveik at room temp and a gallon with cml kristalweizen at 40c to see what foulness that can create.

Only cost me 35p in lekko because the solar panels were loving it.

What was your recipe and timings in the end?
OG 1.060
I went with 15 g of Simcoe & mosiac @ 10 mins
35 of each at flameout
The rest will be used for dry hop. I will send you a bottle once it's ready😉
I am just heating up my mash water going to brew a coconut porter. She if I can nail it this time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back