What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed a kveik apa today. Mainly crafty malsters pale malt with 12% flaked malted oats.
Citra and Moutere in the kettle , and will get a Citra, Moutere and Vic Secret dry hop.
Pitched CML kveik at 30C and it's off and running after 3 hours athumb..
View attachment 30457
Sounds good I just dropped 150g dry hop into my hazy IPA. El Dorado Amarillo azacca. Colour looks spot on

I tasted a homebrewed elderflower IPA a couple of years ago and it was fantastic, it's on my list to make an elderflower beer but I haven't got round to it. It sounds great in a saison actually.
Out of the boil (I steeped the elderflower) there was a very strong aroma which has diminished during fermentation. The wort was also very clear post boil, the elderflower seems to really attract the trub.

Redx IPA
I have been looking to brew @An Ankoù redx IPA for a while. Finally getting around to it now. Slight variation on the hops but I wanted to use what I have in stock.
Red IPA
6.5kg of redx
Mash went on earlier today @63 degrees. I will do a mash out later tonight when I get home.
20g Magnum@60 mins
25g each of centennial, el Dorado, Amarillo @ 15 mins
25 g of each again @ hop stand 80 degrees
50 g of each dry hop on day 10
Yeast will be US05

IMG_20200807_100558.jpg

Today is inspired by H.
Recipe based in Hazelwood Brewery Bitter..

Yes, David. I'm sure I did everything right as I am meticulous in getting every drop of the extract out of the bag or tin, which ever it is, and always give the wort a serious stir and mix.
Sorry about the late acknowledgement that I read your post (I didn't look at this thread again until ten minutes ago).
So, I was curious what your final gravity turned out to be?
Cheers.

Please say...

Fine, it wasn't naughty, though, just utterly off of what it really was. In my defense, I had my glasses on which don't work up close.
You ready for "anti-climactic"?
Some sort of weird bread (that brown on the right, I thought was browned crust), couldn't make out what the black circles were except maybe mold and then I thought it was a section of carpet or an object covered in carpet.

I just checked on my Chocolate Milkshake Stout when adding the chocolate infusion and vanilla pods. SG is high at 1.024 but really rich and sweet as I wanted. I have high hopes for this one.

After actually looking at the weather forecast earlier this week, decided to take my first steps with Kveik today to brew a (hopefully!) inoffensive summer golden ale. I need to dial in my boil losses, as I overshot my preboil gravity by 6 points (1.046) but only overshot my OG by 1 point (1.050) and ended up with 2 or so more litres in the FV (which is, of course, no bad thing).

Wanted to keep this simple with just a FWH charge to 20 IBU so as to explore what the yeast has to offer with no temperature control over the hot weekend ahead...

Apollo Kveik - 4.9%
British Golden Ale

Batch Size : 20 L
Boil Time : 60 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 64.2%
Mash Efficiency: 70.6%

IBU : 20 (Tinseth)
Color : 6 EBC
Carbonation : 2.4 CO2-vol
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.040
Original Gravity: 1.049
Final Gravity: 1.012
ABV: 4.9%

Fermentables (5 kg)
2.5 kg - Lager Malt 3 EBC (50%)
2.5 kg - Pale Ale Low Colour Maris Otter 3 EBC (50%)

Hops (8.5 g)
First Wort - 8.5 g - Apollo - 18.7% (20 IBU)

Miscellaneous
10 min - Boil - 5 g - Irish Moss

Yeast
0.5 pkg - Lallemand (LalBrew) Voss Kveik

Mash profile
Medium fermentability
67 °C - 60 min

Fermentation Profile
Kveik
35 °C - however many days - Primary

Planning on splitting this after primary has completed, keeping one half as is and dry hopping The other half with 20g of Ekuanot.

Back