What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed my first ever beer. In fact it was an AG 8 pint kit from Oakhomebrew.
Took me all day. Simple instructions.
Feeling rather pleased with myself if a littled tired. šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

May i present:

Rutland Abbey Ale. šŸŗ

Attachments

• 20201003_150843.jpg
    20201003_150843.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201003_171918.jpg
    20201003_171918.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 66
Very early hours this morning (still drunk šŸ™„) i got the out of date Wilko elderflower wine kit I've had for years on the go with a sachet of all purpose wine yeast from crossmyloof.
Fingers crossed, it's bubbling away nicely now.

Did my first ever ā€œrealā€ lager today. I usually cheat and use a Cali Common yeast but Iā€™m not today. I chilled the wort down to 24 degrees but it wasnā€™t moving after that so I stopped there. Itā€™s now in the FV in the brew fridge. When it gets down to about 12 degrees Iā€™ll pitch two packs of CML Hell. šŸ¤ž

I've put my first MJ Pink Grapefruit IPA on today. It smelled lovely when I cut it open so I am definitely looking forward to it.

The plan is that I'll get that bottled up and stashed away for Christmas, but I'll see how it goes once I sample one.

Did my first ever ā€œrealā€ lager today. I usually cheat and use a Cali Common yeast but Iā€™m not today. I chilled the wort down to 24 degrees but it wasnā€™t moving after that so I stopped there. Itā€™s now in the FV in the brew fridge. When it gets down to about 12 degrees Iā€™ll pitch two packs of CML Hell. šŸ¤ž

At about 11.15pm it was down to a little above 13 degrees so I pitched two packs of CML Hell. Just sprinkled over the top of the wort just as Iā€™ve always done. Waiting for the magic to happen.

I bottled two batches in one day with the help of my wife who attends the siphon. I use the half-liter bottles with the flip-top. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it was nice to line them up on the shelves since it shows the effort put in.
I'll be making a batch on Tuesday, just need to buy some sugar and water.

I'm attempting to go all grain today with a very simple 5 litre recipe
1kg maris otter
10g fuggles 60min
10g East Kent Golding 10min
5g fuggles 10min

My hope is I enjoy it then I'll invest in equipment to make bigger brews
Sounds great. Where did you find the recipie - within the forum?
Ive woken to my very first 5ltr AG kit bubbling at 60 a min. I was a tad worried last night having spent 6 odd hours creating it. šŸ˜‚

Sounds great. Where did you find the recipie - within the forum?
Ive woken to my very first 5ltr AG kit bubbling at 60 a min. I was a tad worried last night having spent 6 odd hours creating it. šŸ˜‚
I used clibits have a go thread and brewfather to create the profile. Smells good so far

Harvested my homegrown cascade during a dry spell yesterday and used it all in a big whirlpool addition today, utilising the malt pipe to keep them all contained.
90% pops pale malt
10% caramalt

30 IBUs UK Chinook bittering
Plus all the cascade in the WP - 20 mins @ 75C

2 packs Pia yeast

30L @ 1.047
šŸ»

IMG-20201003-WA0014.jpeg20201004_141459.jpg20201004_150534.jpg20201004_145832.jpg20201004_171554.jpg

Latest posts

Back