What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is #3 Tribute clone. Revised water profile from correspondence with St Austell Brewery,malt is 80/20 pale/ Munich. Hop schedule as my #2 so far..I might increase the flame out addition of celeia to include Willamette as that's the primary aroma I can pick out in the original.
Mash on!
Clint
Could you please share your water profile
Thanks CC

I use Steve's simple water calculator...
Ca:156 ( this is a calculated value from the water calculator).
All others are from St Austell..
Sulphate:170
Chloride:100
Alkalinity:32

IMG_20201009_162720.jpg

All done,managed to get the wort down to 21*c with the chiller so will pitch straight away when I've dropped it.

Nice smooth brew day. Japanese Rice Lager came out a lovely light (l’eau de ****) colour and nice and clear. First time using Sorachi Ace. Overshot the OG by 5 points but I’ll get over it.

Attachments

• E20E07EE-3131-4085-9FFA-09471066DCA1.jpeg
    E20E07EE-3131-4085-9FFA-09471066DCA1.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 57
  • F8EDA1BB-B098-46C7-89CB-9BB5A49505C3.jpeg
    F8EDA1BB-B098-46C7-89CB-9BB5A49505C3.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 56
Nice smooth brew day. Japanese Rice Lager came out a lovely light (l’eau de p**s) colour and nice and clear. First time using Sorachi Ace. Overshot the OG by 5 points but I’ll get over it.
I kegged the GH rice lager a week ago. It was really nice and crisp even after just 3 weeks fermenting and 2 weeks lagering. Might have a couple with my takeaway tonight.

Just finished making a clone of Abbot Reserve. Took my eye off the boil and overheated the sparge water, so chucked a couple of extra litres of cold in to cool it slightly. As a result I ended up with 25 litres in the FV and a gravity point below my target, swapped to a higher attenuating yeast to make up for it.

I brewed a hybrid with grain I wanted out of the way to be able to store the influx of grain for the next three porters. So it was:

3.8kg Pilsner
500g Wheat
400g Flake Maize

Hops: 20g Cashmere at 60, 15g each of Cashmere and Cascade at 10 mins and another 20g of each at Hopstand (75c for 20mins)
Yeast: Crossmyloof Kolsch

What's the recipe for this one. Sorachi ace hops are brilliant
Morning, here it is

Pilsner Malt 4.7kg, Flaked Rice 500g.
Sorachi Ace 14.9% AA 13g at start of boil
Sorachi Ace...5g at last 15 mins of boil
Saaz 4.2% AA 5g at flame out

Mash 1 hr, Boil 1 hr 15 mins

Recommends Wyeast 2278 Czech Pils

OG 1052
FG circa 1013

Morning, here it is

Pilsner Malt 4.7kg, Flaked Rice 500g.
Sorachi Ace 14.9% AA 13g at start of boil
Sorachi Ace...5g at last 15 mins of boil
Saaz 4.2% AA 5g at flame out

Mash 1 hr, Boil 1 hr 15 mins

Recommends Wyeast 2278 Czech Pils

OG 1052
FG circa 1013
thanks was going to ask for this too, looks interesting

Just transfering my dark winter Saison into the bottling bucket. Tasted a small sample. Surprised of how much brett character it has on the nose. Clarity is good, it's brown with red highlights.
This is my first Brett beer.
View attachment 33765
Sounds great. When did you first brew this batch? Did you store it at room temp to let the Brett do its thing?

Impromptu brew...I was going to try reduced mash and boil as mentioned in my thread about such things...but I'm not in a rush today..it's tipping down and there's nothing to do...well that I fancy doing!
So... AIPA..pale,munich,crystal,wheat and oats. Hops...magnum, azacca and cascade....

Pah! I just spent weeks sanding,painting and waxoiling the stairs and landing...because the dog ate the carpet!!. Our house is now a carpet free zone. Ive also done some painting...

Sounds great. When did you first brew this batch? Did you store it at room temp to let the Brett do its thing?
I brewed this on the 18th of June. Stored at home temp. This is the recipe I followed
Winter Saison ( more or less the recipe on homebrew association )

5.5kg Vienna
120g chocolate
120g special W
120g carafa 2
120g roasted barley cold steeped then added to the boil
20 g Magnum @60 mins
500g dried prunes soaked in red wine@ day 14

Yeast WLP 670 farmhouse Brett Saison.
This will be aged for 12 weeks before bottling.
From my notes it started at 1.062 and finished at 1.008. Just waiting for it to carb and and condition in the bottles. Fingers crossed I get the carbonation levels correct. 👍

I brewed this on the 18th of June. Stored at home temp. This is the recipe I followed
Winter Saison ( more or less the recipe on homebrew association )

5.5kg Vienna
120g chocolate
120g special W
120g carafa 2
120g roasted barley cold steeped then added to the boil
20 g Magnum @60 mins
500g dried prunes soaked in red wine@ day 14

Yeast WLP 670 farmhouse Brett Saison.
This will be aged for 12 weeks before bottling.
From my notes it started at 1.062 and finished at 1.008. Just waiting for it to carb and and condition in the bottles. Fingers crossed I get the carbonation levels correct. 👍
Interesting, do you think the Brett will drop it any further over the coming months?

Interesting, do you think the Brett will drop it any further over the coming months?
That's the bit I have no experience with and the part I am slightly nervous about. I have bottled a few in pet bottles to monitor carbonation.
I also used the yeast cake to brew a traditional Saison. This is happy bubbling giving of great fruity aromas.

Brett Saison
4kg pilsner
500g wheat
500g sugar @ 10 mins
20g magnum@60 min
20g EKG @15mins
35g Tettnang @flameout.
I will use half the yeast cake from my dark winter Saison using WLP670.
Probably age this for around 3-4 months before bottling. I hope to drink this come spring next year. 🍻

Back