What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pale ale and a cab sav
IMG_20201128_141655966.jpg

23 litres of AG AIPA sort of from GH book but decided to use some of the hops I have in the freezer b4 they get too dated. Added an extra 25g to the flame-out addition of hops. Used Cascade to bitter and a mix of cascade, citra, amarillo and simcoe at 10 min and flame-out @80°C, OG 1.052 pitched MJ M44 @ 21°C in the brewfridge @ 20°C

do you think it'd work better using the yeast from the craft series instead?
Sorry mate, only just finished my AG brew, did you go with the M44? I would have recommended it as it's a good all round yeast as you know. I did that kit a while ago and it turned out OK but you need to condition it for a few weeks b4 it comes good. athumb..

Sorry mate, only just finished my AG brew, did you go with the M44? I would have recommended it as it's a good all round yeast as you know. I did that kit a while ago and it turned out OK but you need to condition it for a few weeks b4 it comes good. athumb..
Yeah went for the M44 in the end.... Tempted to do some dry hopping as I can't help myself 😂 but I brewed this with the intention to just have a no fuss standard Pale Ale to smash back during Christmas time

I've just kegged my Hazy IPA, came in at 5.3%. The sample had a very fruity smell, but was a touch on the bitter side, not bad however.

Attachments

• IMG_20201129_141120460.jpg
    IMG_20201129_141120460.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 45
Amercian Amber
4.5 Kg Redx
200g Medium crystal
100g Caramunich 2
150g Cara aroma
200g golden naked oats

15g chinook@30mins
10g chinook,20g amarillo,20g sorchia ace@ 5 mins
15g chinook,20g amarillo,20g sorchia ace@ hops stand 80 degrees
I will probably do a dry hop as well

Verdant IPA yeast
Ohhhhhh, I do like American Amber.. interesting that you have used RedX. Only time I have used it was in a Red IPA and not as the main base malt.

Ohhhhhh, I do like American Amber.. interesting that you have used RedX. Only time I have used it was in a Red IPA and not as the main base malt.
I needed to use it up. I have made some very good IPA and pale ales with it. Just checked the fermentor, some nice smell coming of the verdant yeast.
I have around 6kg of redx leftover, I might make a stout with it.

Bottled my first attempt at a lager today, figured I way aswell try lagering in the bottle as the fermentation temperature was way off anyway. The bloody neighbours keep putting their heating on, I'm melting!

First bash at a Leffe Clone today, but 2nd brew in a week ... and there's a Vermont IPA brew lined up for Saturday..... well someone's got to ensure there's enough to see us through Chrimbo wink....

Just tidied up and sat down...... and bang on the target gravity and volume in to the FV so double chuffed ! 🙂

IMG_7746.jpg

A Beerworks Golden Rocket Strong IPA went into the FV about four hours ago. It's kicked off already! Lots of malt extract too - 4.2kg in total. Reckon it'll be a chewy number.

Last edited:
A double hopped pale ale......that I have probably scorched the wort of. However, just opened a very successful Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone that I am very pleased with.

I brewed 26 litres of Strawberry and Lime Turbo Cider, (a particular favourite of mine and several other family members!), today. OG 1054 and used WLP 775 yeast.

Secondly, I made 5 litres of SJW RGJ, AJ and Cherry Juice, a lovely shade of dark red in the DJ. Should turn into a nice rose^ for Crimbo!

Today I made my version of Yorkshire Terrier Bitter, not really full pedigree as I used Australian Compass Schooner base malt, might call it Blue Heeler Bitter.
Mash base and Gladiator malt for 60 minutes. At 77 C for 15 minutes add 250g of dark crystal.
002.JPG 004.JPG

Cool and fill fermenter, windy day so covered with tea towels.

005.JPG 006.JPG

Finished on target for volume, and aiming for 1,043 gravity, and nailed it

002.JPG 005.JPG
Going to add 25g Challenger for dry hopping.

Back