What Did you Cook this Weekend?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mummmmmmmmmm
67722220-C386-4535-9950-C7B0CBE39C12.jpeg

Made some smash burgers tonight.
Again, very nice, but I forgot to mention something I noticed--I thought that was a photo of something I had made when I first looked at it. It must have been the shredded iceberg and the shiny bun I think.
I look high and low for great meat or make the blend myself but there's this one place near me that I cannot match for flavor.
pre burger (2).jpg

My daughter was 14 today and got to pick the menu. She wanted Eggs Benedict for brekkie, the crumpets were shop bought but I did the rest from scratch, and a pizza tea. We used some of the whey from the homemade mozzarella in the dough which gave it an added crispness and that last of the cheese went on top.

My daughter was 14 today and got to pick the menu. She wanted Eggs Benedict for brekkie, the crumpets were shop bought but I did the rest from scratch, and a pizza tea. We used some of the whey from the homemade mozzarella in the dough which gave it an added crispness and that last of the cheese went on top.
Nothing better. A fantastic menu.

Sous vide steak for me!
Coffee and chilli rub and sealed up in its bag the night before. Then put in the water bath for 2 hours at 58c and then finished off in a red hot griddle pan with a blob of salted butter.
Served with edamame beans with chilli sauce, peppery leaf salad and twice cooked chips

Edited to add: if you've never tried sous vide steak before, it's worth the effort and hassle. Core temp after frying off was perfect medium/medium rare. No blood, no resting, and it literally fell apart under the knife.

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_181228.jpg
    IMG_20220219_181228.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 30
Back