What Did you Cook this Weekend?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's a generic category (stolen from HBT). Doesn't have to be cooked on the weekend. The purpose is just to showcase whatever you feel like showcasing. If there is already a similar thread, I'll revive it.
We make this rice and bean. It goes well as is or with tofu/chicken/steak and wrapped in a tortilla w/cheese.
bean bowl (1).jpg
bean bowl (2).jpg

boy, pricey.jpeg

Prime is our top grade. It's gotten expensive even at Costco which has warehouse prices. I only spring for this once or twice a year.

Have my parents over today so am cooking beef stew cooked in Shepherd Neame 1698, treacle, touch of ancho chillies, stock and pickled braised onions for me and my Dad. For my Partner and Mum I have cooked a mushroom and shallot stew.

Serving with dumplings, mash, and roast Chantenay carrots. Probably a bottle or two of Côtes du Rhône too

Last edited:
It's my wife's Birthday today. I cooked steak on the Weber Charcoal BBQ using lump wood charcoal. It was just delicious as always. Served with chips, fried onions and mushrooms with green beens. I didn't take any photos.

Back