What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which CP did you go to? Was the curry from RajIndia something?
went to elveden forest in Suffolk. The food at Bella pasta was a bit grim too, the curry was the Rajinda prudesh. My son ordered the vegan biriani, what came back was a bowl of what looked like Uncle Bens micro rice, no sauce. He asked about the dall with it, ah it's not vegetarian sir! Erm any chance of a vegetable curry? Nope. Utterly rank,other dishes not much better. Self cater next year me thinks. athumb..

went to elveden forest in Suffolk. The food at Bella pasta was a bit grim too, the curry was the Rajinda prudesh. My son ordered the vegan biriani, what came back was a bowl of what looked like Uncle Bens micro rice, no sauce. He asked about the dall with it, ah it's not vegetarian sir! Erm any chance of a vegetable curry? Nope. Utterly rank,other dishes not much better. Self cater next year me thinks. athumb..
Rajinda Prudesh, that’s it. We used to go to that CP every year when my daughter was younger. I remember the curry from Rajinda being exactly like something out of a Starwood’s jar!

It's obviously changed a lot since I went there! I'm partial to a curry and one night we had a takeaway delivered to the hut and I was quite impressed with it. But you are safe making provisions to cook your own...plus I took a crate of homebrew,logs and bags of seed to feed the forest creatures...all deeds of terrible doing as it means they got very little money off us.
Ah..I do recall us having a week Internet flash sale deal of a few hundred quid which was a complete bargain! While there some door knockers called at the hut asking how things were etc and asked the daftest question..."if we offer you a week next year at the same price would you book now?"...."Oh Yes!" We replied....and got the next year for sod all!

Did it last week actually spent a week in Tasmania, only been there once before years ago for work never got further than Burnie. I am now a convert, usually it is far north to the tropics and the sun but Tasmania has far more to offer than a tan.
An island approximately the same size as Ireland, only around 500,000 population almost 50% in Hobart. The west still not fully explored and the landscape is really something that time forgot, the purest air on earth and so many world heritage wilderness areas. Going again but for two weeks minimum, anyone visiting Australia would really have to go to Tasmania. So much to see and lots of history. Port Arthur the original Hell on earth where Britain sent the most incorrigible prisoners and still there were those who ended up back at Port Arthur. A magnificent part of Australia, I had one drink in that week, a draught Guinness with a scallop pie. Can't wait to go again.
Cradle Mountain.
IMG_6068.JPG

Devils Kitchen
IMG_6085.JPG

Driving across the high plains, 7C and 23C when I got down to sea level the lake pictured is solid with Brown and Rainbow trout.
IMG_6314.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6069.JPG
    IMG_6069.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 0
Seen the most appalling bit of lettering on a van...advertising themselves as.."a haulage company...from arctic to small van..." somehow I don't think they had anything to do with polar regions. JesusHChrist...

Went and did some roach fishing yesterday size 8 hook and two pieces of corn,(take no prisoners) a nice bag of roach before the weather turned and started coming down the valley. Largest was a kilo the smallest about 250 gram. One small turtle, bloody pests eat any thing, I had one about a kilo and a half a few weeks ago.
IMG_6060 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6089.JPG

Went to the Art Gallery in Geelong, Victorias second city and a lovely place it is too. I went to see the Clarice Beckett exhibition, I wonder why it is lots of artists aren't appreciated until they are dead.
Love the way new architecture combines with the old, building regulations regarding old buildings are under strict regulation, nigh impossible to knock them down.

The new live performing arts theatre being built over the old one.
IMG_0048 - Copy.JPG

The old wool assayer offices. New offices built over the top
IMG_0049.JPG

The Art Gallery and Library
IMG_0050.JPG

The old bandstand.
IMG_0051.JPG

The “Sea Bastards” made Swim Ulster’s Facebook page! Laura won female non-wetsuit with the ridiculous time of 9m for the 500m swim, her husband (the trim one) was third in the men’s. They are both proper swimmers.
The comedy trio came in slower than the times set by the best 1k swimmers in all sub-groups.
I managed to do all the paddles during my swim, not just doggy, and nobody drowned. So in my book we were all winners 🏆

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back