What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a bit of a rubbish week all in but it was nice to take time out to "craft" this hop shaped shed finial for the recently painted pubshed 🪚🪓🔨😆

20210504_164530.jpg

20210504_164539.jpg

Went up to the high country for a couple of days. The old Chalet built in 1910, not used now but being refurbished. Looking through the windows is like going back to the 20's or 30's. Besd's are turned down, a grand dining room an ballroom, also a library. Just ghosts and kangaroos there now. All it needs is a Jack Nicholson character to be a care taker when waist deep in snow.
004.JPG
011.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 86
Finished nights this morning and have had an hour and a half of sleep but I'm on hols to the 12th August so getting nostalgic with the portable record player and unleashing a few vinyls in the shearing heat....
PXL_20210723_130146802.jpg

No beer yet as I have a few messages to run but that will be put right later on ..

After brewing a weizenbock and turning out a sourdough I did a bit of online shopping.
Expecting a delivery of a 3-roller grain mill and 25kg of assorted grains in the next few days. Also added in the hops and yeast for the next two brews (Brulosophy's Mosiac Pale Ale and my Irish Red). It's time to start brewing like a grown up:D

Bottled up American IPA which smelt amazing in the fermenter. Cleared up garage and placed order for ingredients for next few brews to stock up for Christmas.

Making progress on my garden build, bit of battening left to do then just featherboard and guttering on back
to finish the outside.
View attachment 55855
That's some job, I plan to build an outside space as well. Unfortunately the price of building materials is away through the roof. Timber has doubled in price.
What's your plans for inside. Have you a drain to put a small toilet in

Thanks mate, yes all materials have gone up and harder to source, I have trade accounts and shop around.
No toilet but planning on a sink supplied by rain water, it's planned as an art studio for my wife and daughters ( but I have plans for a brewhouse built on the back 👍 ).

Me and the Mrs have been down the allotment all morning. Lots of digging...planted around 200 onions and loads of garlic and some winter potatoes in the poly tunnel. I have picked the last tomatoes and fully cleared the tunnel for the winter. I think we'll get some cabbages on the go in there and maybe try some carrots.

My brother in-law made one recently. He finished it in render board then got it skimmed. You would not think it's timber framed by looking at it.
Really neat job

Just got back from a week in Wales in the caravan so I did bu99er all today, apart from drinking a few beers and checking on the brew fridge contents.

Back