What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been preparing my chilli plants for overwintering. after quite a bumper crop this year i was amazed how many chilli's i found still on the plants, so dehydrated them in my aga and am just about to put them through a blender to make a few jars of flakes for friends as i have more frozen/dehydrated/fermenting/in oil that i can shake a stick at lol.

Well done a bit of gardening and hacked down my hop vines and an apple tree and hope to dig out the hop rhizome so I can split it and replant the other half at the rear of the garden.
I noticed whilst up the garden my WiFi was not that strong even though I have BT Halo1 but with the router in the middle of the house it doesn't help so did a bit of hoking around and found an Home Hub 3 which I have just configured to a slave and shall put in the back bedroom tomorrow evening and test this out and if not I have an old Home Hub 6 which I can try.

A bit of fishing today, enjoyed a couple of beers at half time.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Thick fog here so spent 3 hours on the Turbo Trainer instead of going out on the bike and risk being rear ended by some inattentive driver on a Xmas shopping run or maybe a seasonal drink driver.

Hopefully she doesn't get bad symptoms and you and the rest of your family stay safe over the Christmas period.

I have been clearing out garage and just about to go out to the veg plot to dig up parsnips to make honey roast parsnips for tomorrow's dinner.

Grocery shopping (OMG it was packed).
Designing a clone.
That's all I'm willing to divulge about my private life.

Extract w/grain
Batch size: 5 gallons (19 liters)
OG: 1.092
FG: 1.019
IBUs: 50
ABV: 9.8%
9# or 10# lightest DME
Steeping:
2# (907 g) Carapils
2# Munich
8 oz (227 g) Crystal Dark
0.8 oz (23 g) Nugget [14% AA] at 60 minutes
0.5 oz (14 g) Perle [6% AA] at 30 minutes
8 oz (227 g) molasses at 5 minutes
8 oz maple syrup at 5 minutes
3 oz (71 g) American oak chips in secondary, soak in 12oz of bourbon
3 oz oak chips in secondary, soaked in maple syrup
Water salts
Yeast nutrient
2 US-05

Grocery shopping (OMG it was packed).
Designing a clone.
That's all I'm willing to divulge about my private life.

Extract w/grain
Batch size: 5 gallons (19 liters)
OG: 1.092
FG: 1.019
IBUs: 50
ABV: 9.8%
9# or 10# lightest DME
Steeping:
2# (907 g) Carapils
2# Munich
8 oz (227 g) Crystal Dark
0.8 oz (23 g) Nugget [14% AA] at 60 minutes
0.5 oz (14 g) Perle [6% AA] at 30 minutes
8 oz (227 g) molasses at 5 minutes
8 oz maple syrup at 5 minutes
3 oz (71 g) American oak chips in secondary, soak in 12oz of bourbon
3 oz oak chips in secondary, soaked in maple syrup
Water salts
Yeast nutrient
2 US-05
You should make something up to tell us so we're all awe struck and saying such stuff like..."that DavidDetroit is a rum lad!".

Work finished beer in the fridge and looking forward to a proper Christmas breakfast of Baileys and chocolates in the morning.

Happy Christmas ;)

Latest posts

Back