What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a rescue trip, taking my wife the second car when hers died in her commute ta work. (Drive the sick vehicle home & started shopping for its successor.) Prepared for and attended church council meeting w/o expected contention. Quiet evening then went to bed early (2200ish). Almost an entirely boring day.
Today? Staying in, I hope, sermon research. (This forum causes me to consider what I'll brew next, before moving from the apartment. Cuz my Red Ale is almost gone.)

6C55586E-A6B0-4E71-9249-88D3E13FB709.jpeg

First barbecue of 2021

breakfasted on two slices of last night's pizza. the addition of topside was moderately successful.
rebuilt and wicked many atomisers.
lost interest in one of the multitude of awful horror flicks that amazon movies (or whatever it is called) insists on recommending to me.
did dishes.
did washing.
contemplated doing a batch of chilli mead but instead fine tuned the recipe.
was also going to keg barley wine but that's getting a few more days with the dry hops in.
checked work email to take the sting out of tomorrow morning. usual tripe.
stopped for regular beer breaks as oneself must be paced.
have long term issues with both hands. doing the dishes and the washing are in actual fact a triumph at the moment so i'm having another beer to celebrate. brewdog punk currently which will hopefully get together with the pain meds and have a little bolstering session. go team.
whirlwind jet fueled roller coaster of a day it ain't.

Fresh ground coffee and madeleines to start the day.

Cleaned out a couple of King kegs ready to receive beers in two of my fermenters.

Updated my brew-log sheet from yesterday’s brew (Citra Pale).

Prepped for tomorrow’s brew. This will be another batch of Belgian Tripel.

Tickled the yeast starter for tomorrow’s brew a few times through the day.

Lunch (cheese & pickles).

Sat in the sun drinking beer.

Got a bit stuck on the last one and still not moved on 🤷‍♂️

stopped for regular beer breaks as oneself must be paced.
have long term issues with both hands. doing the dishes and the washing are in actual fact a triumph at the moment so i'm having another beer to celebrate.
I admire you style when it comes to beer breaks. These sacrifices have to made to ensure the universe continues in a rhythmic manner. Sorry to hear you've got trouble with your hands. Hope they get better soon.
There. That's my good wishes done for the day. Time for a celebratory beer, methinks.

I admire you style when it comes to beer breaks. These sacrifices have to made to ensure the universe continues in a rhythmic manner. Sorry to hear you've got trouble with your hands. Hope they get better soon.
There. That's my good wishes done for the day. Time for a celebratory beer, methinks.
well earned indeed 🍻 cheers!

Took SWMBO to the launderette we had way too much wet stuff to dry on the line.

I lead such an exiting life. :laugh8:

I woke up really, really early with an 'engineering' idea running through my head on how to improve, or at least modify a counter pressure bottle filler I saw online yesterday. And I haven't even got a keg yet!

Early up, started washing bottles. Moved the fermenter fridge and the conditioning fridge back to their original positions.

Late brunch, couple of pieces of my sourdough toast. Yum.

Caught up with a good mate on the phone.

Cleared a couple of reams of ancient paperwork; bank statements and the like.

Collected sunday lunch from the pub ready for later.

Finished the bottles off, in the oven now

Pretty boring but feel like I've accomplished a fair bit.

Looking forward to sunday lunch for dinner and a brew.

Finished a Nightshift and off to bed,
Got up and had a cuppa,,
Back to bed,
Got up and watched Inside the Factory,
Having a dump whilst writing this before getting ready to go to work and as its the end of shift a Curry is in order for takeaway tonight be at about 10.30pm....
Life just keeps on going..

Threads Merged C_T.

How are we all doing? Ive not been around a while so this is my way of getting re aquainted with you fine young chaps.

How was your day?

Me? I did a 4.3 mile run. A weeks worth of kitchen dishes. Made an amazing coconut chicken masala in my brew pan. A whole vat of it and its flippin amazing!

Quick nip to town and also to my lical micro brewery/tap to support them as i have each weekend since the dawn of this ABNORMAL time.

Im now enjoying my purchases. 😉🍻

PS. Going to make sunday a beer brew day. 👌😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Started on my garage conversion and yes one of those jobs you wish you never started.
Just getting the stud up in preparation for the rest of the timber coming tomorrow and it will be a juggle moving things around and out.
Tools and gardening on the front side and a games/brewing room for my son and myself.
Shall be insulating both raised floor and stud wall to keep the heat in as the girls bedroom is above and always complaining of how cold it is.
16151421012473886249158342636843.jpg
16151421217367641612241767840564.jpg

encouraged a dedicated server to bend to my will and prevent all but 3 countries in the world accessing it.
that and 6 various brewdogs and a few snifters of whisky (and whiskey).
now it's bed accompanied by the complete sherlock holmes on audio book.
rock n roll. etc.

Started on my garage conversion and yes one of those jobs you wish you never started.
Just getting the stud up in preparation for the rest of the timber coming tomorrow and it will be a juggle moving things around and out.
Tools and gardening on the front side and a games/brewing room for my son and myself.
Shall be insulating both raised floor and stud wall to keep the heat in as the girls bedroom is above and always complaining of how cold it is.
View attachment 42759View attachment 42760
that will be splendid.

Added avfew more cans to the keezer shed roof. I like the look but I've seriously underestimated the volume of cans required 😄

Also made life difficult for myself by not including duplicates, I must've recycled about 50/60 duplicates. 🙄

Anyone know where I can get a hold of c.300 individually unique craft beer cans 😭

20210307_134906.jpg

20210307_134926.jpg

Today i should really drain and clean my central heating system.
However dont panic. Decided to rack 2 beer clones of oakham citra and proper job instead.
Much more productive. 🤣

Back