What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made mozzarella with my daughter, she got me a cheese making kit for Christmas. Tomorrow we’re going to use it in a pizza lunch.
624BF592-0444-4D33-8295-3F46A6091975.jpeg

AMAZING.
I went to Norway in hunt of the northern lights one year, over xmas and new year.
Didn't see a thing!
I went to the island of Svalbard in December 2019 and hoped to se the northern lights there. I didn't as apparently its too far north. -50°C it was, but managed to do a good brewery tour: Svalbard Brewery – The world's northernmost craft brewery
I didn't even see much of the stunning landscape as it was dark 24 hours a day at that time of year.

I went to Iceland in Barrow-in-Furness today i was hoping to see less chavs hanging about outside than last time. ;)
Ah the northern chavs. A site to see no doubt as their lime green shell suits shimmer in the night sky flickering yellow and red as they throw up on the pavement. ...... I'll get my coat.

Edit: we have a similar phenomenon down here in the south: Aurora Australis chavus. More or less the same thing except you find them outside Waitrose.

Last edited:
Ah the northern chavs. A site to see no doubt as their lime green shell suits shimmer in the night sky flickering yellow and red as they throw up on the pavement. ...... I'll get my coat.

I have no doubt i will be strung up by the PC police here for using the word chav. :roll:

1642270857812.png

Last edited:
We went to the new RHS gardens at Bridgewater (Worsley). Cold in the wind and all the plants were dead.
Nice scones with jam and cream, though.

Well today I shoveled snow, we got about 30cm during yesterday and tonight.
Besides that I crashed the car yesterday because some C-nt decided it was a good idea to overtake me just before a bend. Some people are still alive only because it's illegal to murder them.

I replaced the smashed guttering on my extension after the ridge tiles ruined it.
Just to confirm....you definitely CANNOT get a 4m length of guttering in an Astra hatchback. I had to nip back for my saw...left eldest son at Wickes with it,luckily I'm only 5 minutes away!
The down pipe has always been running a bit slow with clearing leaves and moss not having a great impact. Today I had a good rummage at the top of the pipe and pulled out a kids toy that must have been thrown out of the bedroom window.
20220223_153055.jpg

My new house bought at auction, so no keys as yet, has had some or damage to a shed roof in the winds. I found this out today...solicitor says I have to pay for repairs because contracts are exchanged when the hammer falls. No way to get in to secure it. I'll have a soggy shed to deal with when I finally get the keys 🔑. Arghhhh

My new house bought at auction, so no keys as yet, has had some or damage to a shed roof in the winds. I found this out today...solicitor says I have to pay for repairs because contracts are exchanged when the hammer falls. No way to get in to secure it. I'll have a soggy shed to deal with when I finally get the keys 🔑. Arghhhh
Perhaps an opportunity to put up a new purpose-built brew-shed? ;)

Went bush, took a slab of my ordinary bitter, didn't take any fishing gear. Had to buy a beer glass from the Op Shop but absolutely spewing about the fishing gear! Long pole short line would have got me a bag of fish. Mullet were in abundance, there would have been Mullaway or Bream following them up the creek. Still enjoyed the beer, and I will be back.With fishing gear.
012.JPG 013.JPG

Got a trail cam in the post last night, spent the night fiddling with it, looking forward to setting it up at my new pest control permission.

Latest posts

Back