What did you do today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today I went at my taps and keggerator with Ernest pulling them apart as they have been out of use for a few months.
Dismantled both taps to clean in a mixture of fairy and oxi and the amount of gunk wet and dried that came off was disgusting and didn't even take a picture but take my word.
Anyway cleaned and sanitised as is the keggerator and a full keg of Pale Ale I brewed in October which I sampled last night and will murder after I've transferred a lager to keg and start cold crashing my PJ clone.
Been busy but think I got my mojo back...

Well today I went at my taps and keggerator with Ernest pulling them apart as they have been out of use for a few months.
Dismantled both taps to clean in a mixture of fairy and oxi and the amount of gunk wet and dried that came off was disgusting and didn't even take a picture but take my word.
Anyway cleaned and sanitised as is the keggerator and a full keg of Pale Ale I brewed in October which I sampled last night and will murder after I've transferred a lager to keg and start cold crashing my PJ clone.
Who is Ernest and had you lent your mojo to someone else?

Quite new to homebrewing and under the current conditions it's a brilliant release and I look forward to tinkering with the brew kit after signing off from the home office! Today I took delivery of a couple of 140mm fans for the keezer. Stripped them down to see if I could minimise the size of collar hole but, no can do, as it's all solder 😒

On the plus side. I constructed a gravity feed/dip tube for my very basic fermentation bucket, I think I need to shorten the tube a little.

Quite new to homebrewing and under the current conditions it's a brilliant release and I look forward to tinkering with the brew kit after signing off from the home office! Today I took delivery of a couple of 140mm fans for the keezer. Stripped them down to see if I could minimise the size of collar hole but, no can do, as it's all solder 😒

On the plus side. I constructed a gravity feed/dip tube for my very basic fermentation bucket, I think I need to shorten the tube a little.
Good man Davie

I agree hb is a good release - and this forum is a good way of staying connected with others - it helps me a lot

What you planning to brew?

9 hours staring at a laptop. Game of solo whist with the family. Read eldest another chapter of Lord of the Rings. Bottled some beer.

Stupid mistake of the day? Drinking a beer whilst bottling, finishing the bottle, putting the empty bottle down near the sterilised ones, picking it up at filling it. I always find a new and interesting way to learn a brewing lesson 🙂

Sound OB 👍. I've a Youngs American IPA waiting. I'm planning to give it a wee skim of Falconer's Flight Blend. What do you like to brew?
I am a malty ale man myself, Abbot Ale, Old Tom, Old Peculiar, Old Specked Hen

Home brew is so much tastier than the stuff you can buy in cans

West Lothian is a long way from S Cheshire - but hopefully one day I could shake your hand

9 hours staring at a laptop. Game of solo whist with the family. Read eldest another chapter of Lord of the Rings. Bottled some beer.

Stupid mistake of the day? Drinking a beer whilst bottling, finishing the bottle, putting the empty bottle down near the sterilised ones, picking it up at filling it. I always find a new and interesting way to learn a brewing lesson 🙂
Take care Norman - this covid stuff will be over soon (hopefully)

PJ ? Pajamas, Proby?

I am a malty ale man myself, Abbot Ale, Old Tom, Old Peculiar, Old Specked Hen

Home brew is so much tastier than the stuff you can buy in cans

West Lothian is a long way from S Cheshire - but hopefully one day I could shake your hand

That would be grand. I'm not adverse to a trek under normal conditions. I often drive 500+ miles with the family to meet my dad for a pint of Betty Stoggs in a pub that sits on the banks of the river Tamar. I look forward to my next trip and a detour isn't without question 🍻

It'll be fine.TBH I was kegging a lager and we'll overdue and had to bottles that were clean so I stopped transfer to fill them and though o had rinsed them again I forgot to sanitise them and realised whilst filling the first bottle but did it said and carried on.At least the keg is full and on the gas.Oh @samale one is for you.

I sat in a teams meeting for two hours for something that could have being communicated in a simple e-Mail, then did about an hour of productive work, then another two hour wasted in a meeting that didn’t go anywhere.

Then lunch (freshly made flatbreads cooked on a metal griddle) with Tzatziki and salad it was excellent.

Then another few hours of reading e-mails replying to e-mails and another Teams meeting. Alas it’s a living, and keeps me in malted barley hops and yeast.

Why140mm that's nearly 7" and 1 * 100mm or 4" would have been plenty.
Replace your bathroom fans with these to see how much steam it ducts out.l

Back