What did you learn today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Jersey is not part of the U.K. However the uk has sent in gun boats to defend them against the French fishermen with their rods and nets. Surely not over reaction by Boris on the eve of elections.

Today I learnt that if you put loads of effort into building a really good brewshed, your wife will claim it's "too good for that" and decide it should be a "garden room" instead.
Haha welcome to my world as we put the effort in and they then think this will be nice here,put that there and we can do this whilst you politely nod and bite your tongue 😛

It gets easier, they sleep more as they get older, my 13 yr old does about 13 hours straight and is learning Neanderthal apparently, thinking the loft insulation stick advice may be if some use!
Teenagers actually require more sleep as the neural paths are reinforced for learning. Keeping him awake will make behaviors worse, and studying all but impossible. Neurologists have been wanting schools to start later for decades, but teachers’ unions refuse to acknowledge the studies backing up the findings.

Teenagers actually require more sleep as the neural paths are reinforced for learning. Keeping him awake will make behaviors worse, and studying all but impossible. Neurologists have been wanting schools to start later for decades, but teachers’ unions refuse to acknowledge the studies backing up the findings.
Yes well aware, it’s not so much the teaching unions or professional bodies it’s more education acting as childcare for working parents, for best results start later/shorter more focused day and start reading/writing a little later when the brains ready having had a creative base

Yes well aware, it’s not so much the teaching unions or professional bodies it’s more education acting as childcare for working parents, for best results start later/shorter more focused day and start reading/writing a little later when the brains ready having had a creative base
Not like back when we were young...
When we used to dream of living in a corridor! Woulda been a palace to us....

Yeah...and what about those "occasional" tables...I suppose when they're not fully employed as tables they must be three piece settees or grandfather clocks...
On the subject of tables...funny how,if there's a few it collectively known as a "nest". In my experience most things that live in nests sting!
We used to have a "coffee" table...which for the best part of 10 years I drank beer off...like a right lout!

Yes, i live in Germany and the kids start school when they're six and learn to read and write then. I was surprised at how fast my kids picked it up.

Back