What do I need for a keg system?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have bought the kit for £259 but I got the Cornys from THBC and the gas for really cheap, I've saved a load over a complete system. I need a regulator some connections, beer line and a tap to complete. All in I think for just over £100.

It's all new to me but this forum is great for help so I'm sure I'll get there.

Get your point about picking up bits cheap, and yep if you can save some dosh then why not.

From scratch £259 is a substantial outlay, though if you work out the cost of a reg, corny keg, lines, tap, connectors etc etc i bet its not really that far of, and the piece of mind that you've got everything you need to keg and pump your brew.

I'm in the process of building a beer fermenting fridge, having spent out on the bits and bobs and the fridge itself i'd probably bought one if someone was making and selling them, that said there's nothing like the feeling of building something yourself and it actually working ( hopefully) :?

I think I know my set up.

Gonna buy the regulator for £30, party tap £10, 3/8ths gas adapter £3.56, 4m Blue Gas Line £3, 4m White Beer line £3, 3/8 to 3/16ths beer line reducer £3, 4m 3/16th beer line £2, postage £10.20. total £64.66

Geterbrewed is cheaper for ball lock joints but it's 30 miles up the road so I'll buy from Amazon @ £10.57 and save petrol and a few hours journey.

I've 2 cornys and I may add to them but for now I think that's all I'll need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thinking, if the 3/16 beerline is to put between your beer out post and the party tap, x2 3/8 to 3/16 adapters will be needed?

I think I know my set up.

Gonna buy the regulator for £30, party tap £10, 3/8ths gas adapter £3.56, 4m Blue Gas Line £3, 4m White Beer line £3, 3/8 to 3/16ths beer line reducer £3, 4m 3/16th beer line £2, postage £10.20. total £64.66

Geterbrewed is cheaper for ball lock joints but it's 30 miles up the road so I'll buy from Amazon @ £10.57 and save petrol and a few hours journey.

I've 2 cornys and I may add to them but for now I think that's all I'll need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back