What do you stand your Kettle /Brewzilla / Grainfather /Brewtools etc on?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocAnna

Scottish Brewster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A question for all as I'm trying to plan my brewspace a bit better.
At present my Klarstein sits on a trolley which works well for the short cable to reach the socket but isn't ideal as it is quite high and I need a step stool to stir or do much with the wort. I've also set up a pulley above it to lift the mash basket which has been transformative. The brewzilla now just functions as a sparge heater for now. I'd like to bring them a bit lower down, and I'd appreciate other's sharing experience of what they keep their boiler on. Ideally I'd like something a foot or so high with a perforated metal shelf/surface that was robust enough too...any thoughts?

IMG_1503.jpeg

I keep my grainfather on the floor. It does have the huge advantage that the display for the control box faces up, meaning you can read and use it from a standing position when it's on the floor. I'm amazed all the others have the control panel at the bottom and people have to crawl to use it.

Being on the floor makes it easy to lift the grain basket.

My friend (not on the forum) has a small trolley with lockable wheels he keeps his on. I don't have as much room for that

I keep my grainfather on the floor. It does have the huge advantage that the display for the control box faces up, meaning you can read and use it from a standing position when it's on the floor. I'm amazed all the others have the control panel at the bottom and people have to crawl to use it.

Being on the floor makes it easy to lift the grain basket.

My friend (not on the forum) has a small trolley with lockable wheels he keeps his on. I don't have as much room for that
That's a good point, I'd prefer mine to be on wheels too - I'm not keen on it being on the floor - I have a 'thing' about food related things being on the floor, just doesn't feel right.

I know it’s not very stylish, but how about a milk crate?
Not stylish! Oh dear that could never do 😂. let's be honest here, my perfect support for this would be matt black powder coated perforated steel plate, with a chrome frame and lockable wheels - industrial chic, robust, reliable, cleanable and I can choose where to move it to and it stays solid where I put it! Me a control freak - never 😇.

On one of those folding tables. I can lift the maltpipe but another 6 inch would be too much

I used a garage shelving unit that I cut down to about 18 inches. No wheels but it was light, portable and sturdy.

On the Kitchen floor. I do the cooking in there, so by extension, it is my space and I get to brew there, by some sort of territorial right that goes beyond even human ideas about space ownership and proliferates throughout the animal kingdom.

Not stylish! Oh dear that could never do 😂. let's be honest here, my perfect support for this would be matt black powder coated perforated steel plate, with a chrome frame and lockable wheels - industrial chic, robust, reliable, cleanable and I can choose where to move it to and it stays solid where I put it! Me a control freak - never 😇.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to acquire a TIG welder… hmmm?

You've seen these before but as you asked the question...
As an outdoor brewer I have to move my kit in and out of storage so fashioned individual trollies out of timber for the mash tun, HERMS tank, kettle and storage tank. Set the heights to suit me. Took a day including the painting. Only downside...... it's not shiny :confused.:

IMG_20210319_152900141_HDR.jpg

I have started brewing on the garage floor because it's easier to get the grain bag up higher and drain it better, and only.lift the whole lot up onto a table once I need gravity to get it into the FV.

I suspect given the way I am going with nonsense injuries, lifting the whole lot onto a table is on borrowed time 😔.....

A question for all as I'm trying to plan my brewspace a bit better.
At present my Klarstein sits on a trolley which works well for the short cable to reach the socket but isn't ideal as it is quite high and I need a step stool to stir or do much with the wort. I've also set up a pulley above it to lift the mash basket which has been transformative. The brewzilla now just functions as a sparge heater for now. I'd like to bring them a bit lower down, and I'd appreciate other's sharing experience of what they keep their boiler on. Ideally I'd like something a foot or so high with a perforated metal shelf/surface that was robust enough too...any thoughts?

View attachment 68289
When I have had a double brew day I have used this frame holds the weight easily, height is about 450 mm. This doesn't have wheels my single vessel stand does. Wheels would be easily fitted.

003.JPG

I have started brewing on the garage floor because it's easier to get the grain bag up higher and drain it better, and only.lift the whole lot up onto a table once I need gravity to get it into the FV.

I suspect given the way I am going with nonsense injuries, lifting the whole lot onto a table is on borrowed time 😔.....
For the sake of a £50 brewing pump I would leave it on the floor!

Back