What do you stand your Kettle /Brewzilla / Grainfather /Brewtools etc on?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put mine on an old B&D Workmate. Works very well nice & stable.
5CB5AEE1-21B2-461D-A637-EA5F9E5D6E68.jpeg

Not stylish! Oh dear that could never do 😂. let's be honest here, my perfect support for this would be matt black powder coated perforated steel plate, with a chrome frame and lockable wheels - industrial chic, robust, reliable, cleanable and I can choose where to move it to and it stays solid where I put it! Me a control freak - never 😇.
So not a beer crate then.

So my desire for a sleek stylish brew stand has been tempered by the amount of bend visible in the glass during my last brew day. That wasn’t even with a full kettle either. So I’ve replaced the glass top with a bit of coated chip board. It’s nowhere near as smart (particularly after I accidentally drilled one of the screw holes all the way through 🤦‍♀️) , but it is a bit more practical. Hey compromising for practicality reasons is kind of ok.
E92D60F2-BB2A-4C62-82A2-6E27037B0A2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Kitchen worktop. And one of those steps used for aerobics to reach it for mashing in and out.

I have a very sturdy giant mechano type work bench. It works well as its got storage and drawers - in my garage. Only down side is I have to rig up a heath robinson hosepipe affair for cooling the wort. After about 6 brews in I now have it mastered as long as I don't "drink and brew!"

... as I don't "drink and brew!"
This has been the downfall of many brews, both home and pro. I went on a brewery tour years ago. It was a local microbrewery staffed by 3 self proclamied pissheads. One of the brews, they had been drinking and forgotten to take the top off the mash tun before adding the strike-water and grist. The ended up with about 1.5 tons of porridge all over the floor.

Back