What goes on in politics and social media

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like somebody as pulled the pin on a international Brexit style post. Just to show we may be a laughing stock at the moment but plenty of problems in other countrys

Whilst this foum is about brewing and not politics,I would have to say as a 63yr old I have NEVER seen my country in such a mess as its in today.Even the 1970s were like a nirvana compared to today. Foodbanks in GREAT Britain i have never been more ashamed.

And before anyone mentions strikes,powercuts,3 day weeks ect,ect.

MOST people had decent,secure,well paid jobs for life employment and all the dignity that went with it.

Not at all like what todays zero hrs min wage here today gone tomorow young wage slaves have to look forward to.

When i went to UNI in the 70s not only was it free but I also got a SALARY on top!!!!

No student loans for me thanks to British Steel.

Re:> the_quick. This is what happened in my case British Steel funded years of futher education for me including a salary as well.
I earned NOT got into debt.

I suspect companies today would throw there hands up in sheer horror at the thought of paying to train someone.

I do feel a bit sorry for todays young people,After all I like just about everyone else at the time expected life to get better for future generations,Not worse.!!

Why don't we encourage some corporation/industries to partially fund the university places? They will need those graduates.

That is happening in our local college but i don't now if its countrywide.

A NEW engineering scholarship will fund seven students through further education and degree courses as part of an industry and college partnership in Barrow.

Dong Energy has launched the scholarship scheme with Furness College.

The leading windfarm company has set aside £45,000 to help people across Furness who would not otherwise be able to finance themselves through qualifications at the Channelside college to get the education they need to progress in their dream careers.

The scholarship scheme will pay student fees for a range of courses in electrical and mechanical engineering from a national diploma and HNC, through to degrees and honours degrees.

Full artice - https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barr...d-by-industry-and-barrow-college-partnership/

Well quite a few windfarm companies run these and other schemes designed to improve local communities especially when windfarms are to be sited near to villages and towns.
I think though the main motivation is the diffusing of local opposition.

Nonetheless I have to admit any help with skills training is to be warmly welcomed.

And that is a brilliant idea, everyone benefit. A good society that works together. Would be great to have such cooperation across the country

Latest posts

Back