What has been your Festive Showstopper?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MmmBeer

Brew Pub Brewer
Reaction score
I have sampled and shared a selection of my home brewed bitters and AIPA’s, kit wine, country wines and supermarket juice wines over the festive period, but the one that got the most plaudits, was by far the simplest, a loganberry vodka infusion. Fill a jar with fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, loganberries etc.), add lots of sugar, top up with spirit of your choice, seal and leave for 6 – 18 months before drinking.

What has been your most impressive home-made drink this Christmas?

My friend who was best man at my wedding was super impressed by my Saison.

Considering he spent 2 years living in Brussels (at the European Parliament) and his dad’s second cousin owned a pub out there (where he spent a lot of his free time) I like to think he knows his Belgian beers!

S-33 yeast in a flour/maris otter wheat beer split to 3 yeasts. It's got this background that's almost like the husk from popcorn but when you hold it in your mouth it's like marzipan with an ice cream feel - and not sweet. I don't like sweet stuff. It just works.

Latest posts

Back