What have you been smoking on bbq?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just starting her up.
2DDC3B27-4B53-4D43-945D-4FBD201B2788.jpeg

Hi Brewnaldo, I have me the basic Weber 54cm as the wife would not let me buy the wider/higher fancier one.

So I've been mining YouTube for ideas. Yanks tend to do miracles with Webers.

My next project is to try cold smoking but I would need more gear.

View attachment 25803
Fair play to you. I used to smoke a bit on my weber kettles before I got the smokey Mountain. You can certainly get great results from them. Big advantage with the water smoker is it holds temperature more stable and it easy to add fuel/water. I want to get the big Genesis charcoal double skinned kettle which would be an amazing all rounder but the wife insists 4 bbq's is enough :(

Fair play to you. I used to smoke a bit on my weber kettles before I got the smokey Mountain. You can certainly get great results from them. Big advantage with the water smoker is it holds temperature more stable and it easy to add fuel/water. I want to get the big Genesis charcoal double skinned kettle which would be an amazing all rounder but the wife insists 4 bbq's is enough :(

That's the problem with basic Weber kettles. Adding fuel if you need more than 3 hours smoking/cooking time can be a complex affair.

Good enough for chicken or baby back ribs (hmmm... baby back...🤤🤤🤤) but as soon as you go proper pig or beef chuck steak you need to keep that baby going for at least 6 hours on 150c...

Man, I joined this forum for beer but I can eat and talk food forever 🤣😅

Does anyone know any retailer that has Pro Q smokers in stick. I cant find one for love nor money

I smoked a twelve pound pork shoulder on Monday. Should have taken pictures. Smoked it with wild cherry I've had a few years.

It's just me and my wife. We ended up eating REAL well Monday night and got another five meals worth off of it.

Does anyone know any retailer that has Pro Q smokers in stick. I cant find one for love nor money

I pre-ordered from their site/ macs BBQ about 4 weeks ago and delivery is imminent - dont know if that means that they will suddenly have some in or whether that pre-order was fully taken up

I smoked three baby back ribs yesterday which were awesome 🤤 5hrs and then 2hrs wrapped with a final glaze and apple juice.

Today i have put a Garlic and Herb rub chicken on for a slow roast to have with salad from the garden and roasted potatoes (that i will put on the bottom rack of the ProQ) for dinner tonight.

I have been playing around with not using the pan and just using a disposable aluminum tray below the meat so i can get higher temps for a low and slow as sometimes the 110oC just isn't warm enough. Also mean i can do the roasted spuds in the juices in the tray below the chicken.

T
I pre-ordered from their site/ macs BBQ about 4 weeks ago and delivery is imminent - dont know if that means that they will suddenly have some in or whether that pre-order was fully taken up

The company that i got mine from has stopped trading according to thier website. Not sure if its because of covid or if they have genuinely gone bust.

Its a shame as their price for a version 4 Ranger was the best i could find anywhere : For Food Smokers

I've done 12 hour smokes in a webber kettle in the past using the snake method. The first run round gets you about 6 hours then put a second load of brickettes in just before the last ones go out and it'll go back round again.

These days I have a Kamado Joe and wifi controlled fan, which is a fantastic combination but not cheap.

That looks good! I'll need a new BBQ next year as mine's been hammered..I'd like to try smoking stuff but don't think I'd buy one as there's no where to keep it..I am however very interested in making a tandoori oven...

Just had email that my Pro Q Frontier is being delivered between 2 and 3 this arvo - very delighted. One small point is that Im in the doghouse at the moment and I have not actually mentioned this purchase. SWMBO will be out when it arrives and I have a space for it behind shed but its going to be difficult to conceal long term.

Ha got rumbled as a bag of smoking chips turned up ahead of contraption. Anyway, can anyone recommend any reading material on the topic. A sort of Greg Hughes for the home smoker?

That looks good! I'll need a new BBQ next year as mine's been hammered..I'd like to try smoking stuff but don't think I'd buy one as there's no where to keep it..I am however very interested in making a tandoori oven...
Oh yeah a tandorri oven would be awesome as well. Sod it just build a pizza oven while your at it as well!!!

Latest posts

Back